Engineer

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Tenzek, Nov 20, 2012.

1. MilitiaMan

Spitfires please!

Thank you!
  2. Tenzek

So far things are going well. I decided not to switch to other classes to adapt for a bit in order to just get used to my engineer as much as possible.

I've spent some SC on my lighting and scythe, but mainly running as infantry for now.

I've purchased the VX6-7 with SC also (Alpha Squad pack) and upgraded it with a reflex sight. The rest of my points have gone into repair tool upgrades and a few 1 cert buys for added HP and vehicle cooldowns.

I think I'll be saving up for a few more repair tool upgrades before look into the mines.
  3. Acceleratio

Doesnt seem to work anymore in the retail... :/
  4. Strongback

It works for me.
    Press B when you're choosing to drop a turret.
    • Up x 1
  5. Acceleratio

AHHH ok so not when im actually sitting in a deployed turret. Nobody was able to explain this properly before :) Thank you
  6. o.Solei.o

Absolutely essential. They are the very first non-gun unlocks I'm going for, and the single biggest reason for me to go engi beyond support actions. In fact, I suspect they may be a little OP now that they don't go away when you switch classes... :/

But AP mines let me lay traps on the fly and help secure areas from people sneaking in the back door. (As well as letting me know exactly when someone tries it.) AV mines are not just useful for area denial, but absolutely outstanding at "bombing runs" on unsuspecting vehicles (such as enemy sunderers).

Many points well spent.
  7. Tenzek

I unlocked a shotgun today and noticed a clear improvement in my K/D when fighting around buildings.

I still switch to my VX6-7 at longer ranges, though. Splitting up certs to improve both guns is going to delay me a bit.
  8. FrothyMug

Being able to use AT mines and AP mines helps a single engineer hold key areas of the map. I've held satellite bases mostly by myself by putting them in the right places and simply patrolling around, looking for intruders. Yes, you can't hold back a larger attack with these items, but it is enough to make you, a single soldier, do the job of three or four. Engineer explosives are definitely a force multiplier. Big thumbs up for blowing s**t up.