Engineer turret hitboxes?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Makora, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Makora

This has been nagging me for a while. Mostly when rolling infiltrator or my medic with a SABR-13. I try to engage engineers in turrets from range. I see the engineer, clear as day, a shot goes right into the shield's open head slot and nothing. At best I hit the turret.

What gives? Same when I am practically behind the turret, line up a shot, and it somehow magically hits the head but counts for the turret (there's a clear clank sound). And it's even more annoying on the AV turret that has no shield but... apparently it has a shield. And with the AI MANA turret my tank shells seem to vanish into the ether.

So, is this thing bugged? Or do I really just have to be practically right behind to be sure I can actually hit and kill you guys?
    • Up x 1
  2. RealityWarrior

I get sniped out all the time.

The issue is when you are below. From below the hitbox is rather protective. From even or above.... it isn't at all. Hence we all try to get as high as possible.

I have never heard of anyone having issues from behind before.
  3. warSoulz

Like Reality Warrior, I get sniped when a turret pretty often. Sometimes i have an issue where it seems like my turrets shots aren't going forward but are instead colliding with the hitbox, but I can usually solve this by setting up the turret again right next to the original spot. Maybe it's a similar issue?