[Suggestion] Engineer suit slot idea. Ammo Pump

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by K2k4, Aug 27, 2014.

1. K2k4

Realized this today while reading a vanu thread in the general forums.

What if engineers had a suit slot which allowed them to tap their infinite ammo portal without dropping one?

Sort of like the adrenaline pump, this suit slot would cost 30 certs. It would allow the engineer infinite clips in their primary and secondary weapons.

Would any of y'all use such a thing? Imo it would be a downgrade/sidegrade at best, but it could prove useful in some niche situations where plopping down an "i'm here" sign on the mini-map may be detrimental.
  2. Scett

not being able to give allies any ammo would be to much of a downside compaired to not showing up on the minimap and not having to worry about throwing down ammo packs.

IF!!! it would work like the medic's basic ability (the heal cloud) that could work.
    though it would probably frustrate some classes that need ammo while there's no engi nearby.
  3. Adept

Idea: Add in slot 3 an ammo dispenser tool - so no reapiring while it's in your loadout.
    It would have 4 effects:
    - while holding it, the engineer would regenerate 10-15% of ammo every 2 seconds. No mobility restrictions, since this effect is efectively passive.
    - using it on friendly infantry units would generate an ES colored nanite beam (3-8 m) and regenerate 15-25% of ammo/ second.
    - using it on enemy infantry units would generate a ES colored nanite beam (5-10 m) and destroy 20-30% of ammo/ second
    - using it on friendly vehicles would generate an ES colored nanite beam (3-8 m) and regenerate 1-5% of ammo/ second
    • Up x 1
  4. K2k4

Lol an a ammo ray to fill your allies with bullets.

In my op I was suggesting a new armor slot. I wasn't saying engineers shouldn't be able to drop ammo for others.
  5. Wobulator

I DRINK YOUR AMMO! I DRINK IT UP!