[Suggestion] Engineer Repair Gun Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crysander, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Crysander

Just a quick-thought thread on the engineers repair gun.

It might just be me, but does overheating your repair tool seem to have a very similar cool-down effect to just letting your tool cool manually? Surely the better mechanic would be to more heavily penalise those engineers out there who don't pay attention to the heat of their tool and fail to stop repairing before it reaches max heat? I believe that the time for over repair should be much greater; along the lines of double the cool-down time.

Does anyone have the concrete numbers on regular cool speed in comparison with overheat cool speed? Discuss. Also, InB4 'lol hot tool' jokes.
  2. illgot

I would just love the ability to auto repair instead of holding down the button to repair, click and hold for a second, it repairs until cool down or you click again.
  3. Dingus148

I think there is a slight difference, but it's negated by the initial 'jump' of the heat bar when you activate the tool. No numbers to back that up mind.

TBH, I think there are bigger fish to fry, OP. Maybe down the track, a skill mechanic for the repair tool would be great. For now, let's not consider playing with one of the very few things that isn't broken somehow. Plenty of time to break things later :D