Engineer ONLY option for vehs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EViLMinD, Nov 24, 2014.

1. EViLMinD

Any lib/mbt/harasser pilot worth their salt is going to agree that an engineer partner is a must.

Sure, there are those moments when an LA in a lib's tail works. Sometimes I'll even take a non-engineer in my beloved buggy or vanguard. Though, only briefly ('till I can drop 'em somewhere safe to swap classes or wonder off).

Players shouldn't have to join a crappy squad/plt to get access to better gunners. That doesn't help, anyway. So, people... please stop telling us that. You don't know what you're talking about. You really don't. I've got almost an entire month played in the harasser alone. Yes, that's insane... but it does give me solid perspective on what is needed to excel with the vehicle.

I don't play with proxy chat because I'm anti-social (it's just noise anyway... plus, I'm too tempted to be critical of dumb NC behavior). And, I don't see much value in joining teams (sometimes when I want to farm medic or Gal/AMS points). What I like to do most of the time is bomb around in a harasser. I'm quite good at it, too. Any gunner who can keep up with me is going to have a great time making a buttload of certs.

An Enginner Only option is a great idea. Not for everyone, but a HUGE benefit to players like me. SOE needs to add it now. Who's with me?
  2. Champagon

You can do this now. Page Down-> Little X next to the players name->click that and it boots specifically them

As far as OP's concern, this is really a player behavior kind of thing. Just create a squad and set it to "squad platoon only" that way you know who is coming into your vehicles. SOE can't be blamed for bad players. Not you OP, just the people entering your vehicle as a non-engineer
    • Up x 1
  3. PWGuy93

I did not know this had been coded in. Thx
    • Up x 1
  4. EViLMinD

As I said before, I don't like that setting because it can mess me up if my partner gets in before me. In a critical moment, having to reconfigure positions can get us killed (has before). Furthermore, I don't want to join teams. I don't like it. I like to roam free... getting into adventures... helping random blues fight ginger despots and traitors to humankind. Along my way, I'll offer some lucky blue a chance to have an epic run. This is how I do.
  5. Champagon

Well this is a TEAM based game...I see where you are getting at but this is the wrong venue. I see what you are saying but this game was not built on the "lone wolf" focus. Which is another problem with this game currently....But that's another topic.

Basically what I am trying to say is, you want epic adventures right? Well if you choose to lone wolf it, then you can't ask for controls to be placed on the random factor. IE other players from getting into your vehicle.
  6. EViLMinD

I disagree
  7. DatVanuMan

My brethren have evolved over time, Stranger. Soon, O ever so soon, the Lonewolf shall rule over Auraxis, and make this game glorious once more!
    • Up x 1
  8. Crator

Sure you can, the OP just did ask for it... :p
    • Up x 1
  9. EViLMinD

Some people just have to be disagreeable when you present a good idea (great idea).

"Just shut up and join a pug platoon like everyone else... blah blah" No. And, that is not the only way to approach PS2. I've done quite well as a lonewolf. Hell, I'm still a major asset to most NC objectives. More so than most, at least.

KEEP IN MIND that an Engineer Only option would still be beneficial to pilots running in a squad/plt. Instead of blocking all non-members from their vehicles, they could allow any one to join them (so long as that someone had a repair tool). That's not any more exclusive.
  10. EViLMinD

I need this badly. Constantly having to kick out the same idiot and having to deal with veh tker's is the worst. Please make this happen. For effs sake, SOE. PLEASE
  11. DQCraze

Ya not to mention my lib flippin around like a fish out of water when someone gets in before me. I have banned all classes except engis from my lib. Btw light assaults are bad luck in any vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  12. EViLMinD

Tell me about it. Sick of these sobs. They're the worst tker's because of the flying and c4.

HA rockets are manageable. I can usually kill a creep before they get a second or third shot off.
  13. Cookie5000

Your're very low tempered, how do you even game? You don't seem to be enjoying yourself at all. Group work is what this game is about and you avoid the primary aspect of the game. <.<
  14. EViLMinD

I love this game. Have tons of fun playing how I do. The social aspects are not the only draw, fella. That's what's great about this game. Something for everyone. Don't be so narrow-minded.
  15. Cookie5000

Working in a group does not make something social, the game is about team-based battles.
  16. EViLMinD

This has nothing to to do with the Engineer Only option. Please stick to the topic.

Nevertheless... I'm one of the most helpful support players you'll ever meet. I'll bust my hump to rep/heal/res a brother blue in eneed. I don't need to be joined to a squad to do this (or be motivated to do so). There is no value, to me, to be in a squad/plt. None.
  17. Tuco

• Up x 1
  18. EViLMinD

Gotta follow the teachings of the wise old Emperor,

You don't know power until you go darkside, baby.
  19. Halkesh

Engineer only option is a bad idea.

It's far better to create a "gunner only" friend list.
    Allow everybody to go in your vehicle for a few time (drive them near a terminal and /w them to switch class if they aren't engineer). If they are a bad gunner, kick them. If they are a good gunner, add them in your friend list.

After a few time, when your friend list is long enough play with your friends in a squad of 2/3.
    => Best way to have fun in PS2.

If you are on Ceres / Cobalt and want to have fun in harasser, I'm a correct gunner with good awareness (I main VS, but I have TR and NC char too).
  20. barunedpat

How about this: drive to a terminal and ask them to change to engineer. Sure, it requires you to type, but it is in essence the same, no?
    • Up x 1