[Suggestion] ~ Engineer Notifications, Tool & Bit more ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tululaboo, May 13, 2015.

1. Tululaboo

You do raise a very good point there Dow, It would suck the fun out of vech and essentially make them useless and non viable as nobody would get anywhere. Its an ok idea on paper but not for this. Thank you for the input there. Looking at it now I can see how this would be the case. Thank you :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Tululaboo

Beep Boop Bop Bump
  3. Tululaboo

This is a two part option.

» Alert Reward Revamp Pt1
    Just throwing this out there, how would you feel about a revamp of the continent rewards from alerts. The current rewards are fine but what if the overall reward was based on the continant % control. Say during an alert one faction wins by controlling 40% of the map... say Hossin for example, currently the reward is max unit pricing is cut in half which no matter how you look at it is powerful but balanced. How about a change to where the maximum reward was say still 50% but get it all you have to hold 50% of the continant.

Each percentage you control adds a percentage towards the maximum reward of 50% meaning depending on how well you fight/plan during the alert directly affects the reward giving you more to play for (in a sense). This would also mean a sense of sabotage, if your empire knows it is not going to win then you can at least try to minimise the reward for the enemy thus making things easier for your own advantage.

» Alert Reward Revamp Pt2
    This is another option to think about, currently we have nanite reductions as alert rewards which is ok but what about some varying rewards. Now this is just an idea but what about rewards of 10% passive exp boosting for the empire or 10% cert boosting. Now the way this would work is in place of giving 2xp extra to 20xp when helping squad. You actually have to work for the boost. Say every 2500xp gained you get rewarded with a 250xp ribben so there is work to be done if you want the boost. This would also apply to certs as well (if that is an option people like).... Say every 150 certs you get a bonus 15, again meaning you have to work for it and of course this would reset if logged out of current session (sorry).
    Y/N Leave your comment
  4. Tululaboo

5. Tululaboo

6. Endlave

I only scanned this thread, but I would like to add one simple feature I have missed since I started playing this game. It's so freaking simple, I wonder why it hasn't been added yet.

That would be a UI display of all your mines and if they are active or not. I just played another game in which you can place mines and such and they handled it perfectly. It's sad that other games come with such functions from the get go and Planetside doesn't get it even after two years.

On a side not, being able to reclaim your mines again would be awesome as well. Especially if you accidentally misplaced them. Where would be the harm in that?
    • Up x 1
  7. Tululaboo

Its funny you say that because that is exactly what I say to myself when playing >.< would be great to see if they are still active rather than hoping they stay there >.< This must become a thing! hehe.
  8. Tululaboo

9. LodeTria

If mines get a UI for active/not-active, there should be some sort of salt when your mines are disarmed, not blow up, by an enemy engineer. I love nothing more than disarming the mines of a bunny hopping engineer who's tank I blew up.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tululaboo

Im with you on that, nothing more fun than disarming. Its suprising though how many people do not know we engi's can disarm :p
  11. Battlewrath

Very much in line with what I thought RE the use of the engineer, another item -

Ammo dispenser, a small field dispenser for when you want to keep a certain front supplied as you go off chasing that MAX screaming in /proximity for repairs, v4.

Power generator - Not only can we fix up broken generators, we can also drop one of our own, it provides a 10 second supply to the shields, does not stack, only one at a time can effect the shield generator and this effect has a five mins cool down, it simply takes some heat off the base as you fix it up and ensures the enemy have to actually SECURE these once they've popped them or face their lines being cut off.