[Suggestion] Engineer emplacements

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by cody weathers, Dec 12, 2014.

1. cody weathers

Emplacements that may be placed by engineers, specifically cover compatible for the engineers turrets or for infantry to take cover behind in open fields.

I'm sure this has been discussed but this is mostly a call out to the valiant and hopeful minds of the planetside idea lab (website is still operating) http://www.planetside-idealab.com/
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. OldMaster80

This reminds me an old saying about Planetside Idealab, back from the Planetside 1 days: that site is a the place where good ideas go to die. I've never seen an idea posted on that site that devs eventually considered worth being implemented.

Said that I think the biggest issue with some of the emplacements you posted is they are quite big, so they would be hard to place. Just think of how hard is sometimes to drop a simple turret.
    The idea of deployable barricades instead pops up quite frequently, but devs never cared to implement it or put it in the roadmap and personally that's what pisses me off about the new deployable auto-turret (btw, it's being delayed again!!). Engineers have been asking for deployable covers for more than 2 years and this has been completely ignored to copy and paste a deployable from PS1 that can already do the same think MANA turrets do.

I don't like it, personally I hope the sentry gun will suck even more than the Valkyrie.
  3. cody weathers

Aye I definitely hear you about them being kinda large. I do kinda think that they dont really have a good place in planetside 2 due to the map design these really dont fit. If something like this were to be implemented they would have to be restricted from being constructed within facility limits. That and an outfit of players spamming these walls out in the middle of nowhere could easily cause problems on its own.

It really is hard it feels like to come up with interesting ideas for the classes that cant be abused in many ways. IE the drone for the infiltrator, honestly that thing probably has no good place in ps2. There are few practical ideas for planetside 2 and even less that would not cause lots of problems. Hopefully ps2 can pick something up soon to really give it uniqueness but Im not holding my breath.
  4. CazadorDeLaBruja

I love PS2... i hate that it was developed by SOE. The liars have never implemented anything that was reccomended by people that pay for and play thier game... except bug fixes.

i love this idea... at least some part if not all of it should be implemented.