Engineer combo. Need tips.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximaster, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Ximaster

After test medic,LA,HA and hunter infiltrator,now its the turn of Engineer. Some people would see me in other sections,and questioning last times about medic. Well,i prefer engineer over the medic,but seems that have a lot of items,for deploy in battlefield,and between weapons,items and turrets,im making crazy. This is the cause i test medic over engineer,caused the two are certs fabrics,but engineer have a lot of items.

But all needed practice.

Well,after say this,let me explain my combo about build things with certs. First of all,im going to buy the nanite systems sniper for engineer,for kill MAXes,and well maybe some infantry. Later im going to build the spitfire. With certs,im going to upgrade the advanced shield capacitor,seems that its the best skill in large distance combat. And about accessorye,i think that i build the Bouncing Bettyes. With my Vanu stalker was very useful,i think that with engineer can do same work. And finally im going to upgrade the repair tool,so with BR15 certs,this is that: repair tool to maximum,advanced shield capacitor to maximum,and Bouncing Bettyes as accessoryes. The other things,well,im going to spend some money,because i can.

I thought that this is going to be my final choice about NC class,because i test infiltrator hunter,HA,LA,and medic. The only two options for certs fabrics was medic or engineer,and medic its good,but engineer have more things to do,like repair turrets,MAXes,tanks,vehicles and planes,as well as terminals. Medic only can revive allyes,and if ur allyes dont die,u are useless. Engineer always have work to do,battles with tanks means repairs,either MAXes and fixed base turrets. And the repairs take more time,and this means more experience,that means more certs. Medics have only 2 seconds of heal or revive,and this means low experience by heal or revive.

Well,this and because my first class ive tested 2 years ago was engineer,but only test two BRs. I like it,but its tired to change between weapons and items for select the portable turret or the repair tool. And if i build the Bouncing Bettyes,this item selection take more time,engineer its the class that have more items in inventory,because changing items in middle of battle and select wrong choice,means ur death,but i will take practice.

I wish that engineer gonna be the class that i find and i stay good,for beign fighter in battle i have the Vanu stalker and the TR HA. For certs fabric as well as kill some things,i will have the engineer. But i want to know if the sniper anti MAX its a good choice for start,as well my items and skills combo.

So,if anyone take his time and explain me if this combo was good or bad or i need to change anything,just tell me,and i think about it. This is the cause of this thread.
  2. UberNoob1337101

MLG is strong in this combo...

The anit-MAX sniper is meh, I don't reccommend it for anything except MAX ownage.

Skillfire for a turret... Well that's a poor life decision right there :D

Adv. Shield capacitor is good, but Nanoweave Armor is godly.

Bouncing Betties for engineer aren't very good, tank mines are a better choice IMHO
    The combo is OK if you're supporting only, but pretty bad for direct combat
  3. Ximaster

Well,im going to use the engie,for certs fabric specially,but yeah,maybe support is good.

About all u said,why Spitfire is a bad choice???? And what is MLG???
  4. Ximaster

Tank mines can kill infantry when they passes over it like Bouncing Bettyes???? This is i want to know.
  5. OldMaster80

No they kill vehicles and max units. But you can use av mines in combo with a team mate infiltrator throwing rmp grenades.

The Spitfire is bad: easy to destroy, deals low damage. The only good thing is it warns you as it locks a target.
    The AI or AV mana are a much better choice as they are very effective and you can use them as cover.
  6. Ximaster

Well,then i only build the anti MAX sniper. For have AR or shotgun,i have the other 2 default weapons :D
  7. Ximaster

BTW,can anyone give me a resume of this video??? I dont understand english speaked,only writed.

8. cobaltlightning

Basically, the person in that video isn't overly impressed with the Archer and how it performs, and feels it should take up the turret slot instead. He also points out that there are much cheaper alternatives to dealing with MAX units anyway, mainly being Rocket Launchers.

The Archer is a bolt-action Anti-Materiel Rifle for the Engineer class. It lets them damage vehicles with their primary weapon, which seems like one of the main selling points. the ARM deals huge bursts to MAX units and a considerable amount on light vehicles, but on heavy vehicles you're more of an annoyance and against infantry you're pretty much useless: You can down almost any non-MAX infantry in 4 body shots or less (3 headshots or less) ith the Archer (provided no mitigation is active at the time of damage) But the weapon fires so slowly. With a 2 second re-chamber time, you become Mr. support.

Following Wrel's suggestion, it is highly recommended that you run a sidearm that can deal a large amount of burst damage in a short time. That usually belongs to the Commissioner or the Underboss, but the burst pistols feel like they help a lot, being the Repeater for the TR, The Spiker for the VS, and the Deperado for the NC. The Repeater can be replaced with the Emporer if you want a wee bit extra range, or the AMP if you want a full auto SMG in your pants.

The ARM itself counts as a Small Arms weapon, so it can do things other Small Arms weapons can do, like shoot through certain base shields and completely ignores Flak Armour. I would not recommend getting the Archer personally, unless you enjoy being a support engie. You are also extremely limited in ammo pool, but this matters little since you give out free bullets like you're buying everyone ice cream or something.

As for the class, I would go with Versatility during combat. Get the Special Forces Carbine: Since I assume you're playing NC with your Bouncing Betties, That would be the Gauss Compat S, but the other faction variants are the TRAC-5 S and the Solstice SF. Or just pick up the NS-11C and you're set for range. After blinging out your new rifle, I would get the Anti-Tank mines to help deal with vehicles and MAXes. Lastly, upgrade your ASC for Suit Slot, so you can return to fighting a lot sooner, and your Repair tool, to return your friendly MAXes and vehicles back to the fight.

This is still a support loadout, but it's much more versatile, allowing for a touch of Offense or Defense when needed. With the rifle's much more extended attatchment options, you can rock out a smoke grenade launcher to give your allies some cover as they run from that big rock to the building with a shield generator in it, you can play a sort of Mortar Role with a regular Grenade launcher, and the Shotgun attachment acts as a 1-shot extra side-arm for those 'OH ****' moments. You can also mod it for use in CQC or at Range, as well, if that's any comfort.

By the by, underbarrel attachment ammunition can be resupplied by an Engineer's ammo pack, so go nuts with that shiny new Smoke Launcher.
    • Up x 2