Engineer as support mode and thoughts...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximaster, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Ximaster

I have my NC engie with the Archer,Blackhand as secondary,tank mines and spitfire turret. Seems that i can only kill infantry with the Blackhand and half times i die because i have bad aim. First person shooter in PC its not my hard point. Im starting to beign frustrated of this,because Archer is good to kill vehicles,MAXes,terminals and turrets,and if i have luck and i find a hurt player i kill infantry in one shot. But the Blackhand its the only defense i have versus infantry. Im played with the Blackhand with stalker mode infantrator and its not the same. With infiltrator u can stay in middle of battle in open field and enemyes dont pay attention to u,so u can find whatever moment to attack. With engineer its totally different,u need always to take cover and if u have bad aim like me with that weapon u are dead in less than seconds. Im not saying that im not happy with the engie,but im very frustrated of the players that take me ALWAYS as first target between 7 or 8 around me,and usually its a hunter enemy infiltrator with RAMS.50,or not,not necessary need to be an infiltrator,another classes too. People tend to take me as first target or priority target,and no way,they dont have compassion,if im hurt,whatever friendly units are around me,they run back me and kill me,later they die,but at least they killed his priority target,that its me.

With this comments i want to say that its unplayable this game,i see a lot of times,videos of youtubers about PS2 and their gameplay its totally different as mines. When an enemy appears and aim they,if there are another friendly unit around the target and its more dangerous,they change prority and attacks that target,making a chance to the first target to attack. But this dont happens to me. Maybe im the most dangerous target in the battlefield,because i dont understand. Or people know my tactics. Or maybe its paranoid thinks of me. But the reaction time of players its not normal,or that players that with 2 shoots of assault rifle kill u. That things are not normal. I never used cheats,no aim bot,no other cheat,but people seems that cant play without cheats. The only players that i think that are not cheaters are players with BR100,because i notice his aim. There are BR100s too that are really bad players,and that are the cheaters that arrived to BR100 with cheats. Only the use of aimbot is a cheat.

So,im very good with my support mode engie. But players never play right. Yeah,i need to improve my skills in battlefield because my K/D ratio surely at this moments dont are upper than 0.50 but its normal as support engie player. Yeah man,this is a cry,or whatever u named,but im always good with first person shooters,but i always played in console those games. I usually lose in that games in PC,so that is not a new. But i dont have console at this moment. I always prefeered PC than console. Persons without PC in home,are not persons. But knowing the fauna that is populated the internet,i think that people have better lifes than persons that not have computer. So well,i only want to beign better (not very good) player in this game,but with people that are my fans its impossible to play. I sacrified some of my money to build weapons,only to find one that i can do little good work in battlefield,or weapons that are funny ot play at the same time a killer of players. But players are,or very good,or are using cheats.

Im watched videos in youtube about the Blackhand,its gameplay is similar to me,but the players not. The players in youtube seems that are thinking in clouds,in my gameplay in game,people seems that are terminators and im Jhon Connor,because i dont understand.

Please dont laugh,its totally serious and true. I cant make videos because my game dont support to make videos. But i would like to make one for show u how people have very good aim and very good reaction time in my gameplay.
  2. Ximaster

Another example of youtbe videos of PS2:

Enemy group of people inside a room,one player goes to his back,and start to shoot targets. Do u think that anyone noticed that player???? NOT. And the players clear the room in less than 10 seconds.

In my case,kill a ONE guy in his back its totally an odyssey,because they have eyes back the head,and turn back and kill me.

Please tell me,its bad luck???? Im always have bad luck???? Why youtube players never have bad luck?????
  3. Eternaloptimist

Engie is a support class with a versatile range of roles, not really equiped for a single role like tank hunting or front line assault. And the Archer is only really effective against Max, whereas the Blackhand has too low fire rate and too small mag for infantry combat. Relay on your tank mines and AV Mana Turret for anti tank and anti Max work. A carbine (especially with high rate of fire) and grenades are better for handling infantry - but I leave the room clearing to the HAs then plant AI mines around the corners of doorways to pick off counter attackers. I carry the Blackahnd for occasional long range sniping beyond primary weapon range..........bascially though I follow the rule of slow firing primary+fast firing secondary or the opposite.

Just a thought..........each faction has an S class carbine you can equip with an under barrel shotgun or grenade launcher or smole grenades. And you can resupply ammo indefinitely for them as well as bullets. The pump shotgun is a one hit killer at close range. and grenades speak for themselves. If you are determined to storm enemy held rooms as an engineer you might find these are good for the inital shock value before switching to bullets and the smoke can mask your approach.

The burst fire pistols might help with close quarters figthing as well. Each faction has one but only TR get it as the default pistol.

Generally I stick with farming certs by ammo resupply and reparing in the open field. I go all Rambo in buiildings and bases.
  4. Nexus2151

If your intent is to play engineer as a primary combat role your going to have a bad time however if you insist on doing it then first of all stop your crying pick up a Pulsar C and play midrange. Go into VR and practice burst fire you want to land cosistant Headshots from about 35 meters in 3 shot bursts. Next practice your Grendae skills you want to be able to consistantly land Sticky nades.
    Go look for mid sized fights 12-24 - 24-48 are best. you will do better in those that 98+ meat grinders. use your mines to trap and trick people. get behind your enemy or above them and nade the to death.

Front Line Engineer Build
    Pulsar C x1 refelx compensater Lasersight
    Comisioner Lasersight
    Genade bandolier rank 4
    Sticky nades
    Spitfire turret
    Prox mines or if you know you will be facing maxes AT mines.
    Regen inplant.

Youtube makes it look like people are gods but belive me when I tell you most of those people have only 3 things going for them
    Good gunskill
    Luck
    and good editing skills when it doesn't go there way.
  5. Nogrim313

personally that is a terrible setup for a support engie. you are taking two sniper rifle options so you are going to be useless when infantry get anywhere near you.

my support build is a bit different. archer or the smoke grenade equipped carbine + commissioner /crossbow with darts + tank mines + spitfires

when you are using the archer you need a good hard hitting pistol to be your back up when infantry get in your face (the spit fire is the back up that makes the pistol viable imho)

the smoke is great for covering your squads assaults or breaking through a wall of tank spam while the darts let them see what is on the other side. also the spitfires see right through the smoke making them a lot less likely to get taken out quickly

you need to remember there are very few true support engies out there so you need to first be in a platoon (squads are usually too small to take full advantage and let you slip out of the combat role.) second you need to be vocal people need to know what you are doing and vice versa, its much harder to support some one who doesn't know you are trying. the reason you are getting targeted fast is that engies are a force muliplier, your an easy target but you give infinite ammo to your heavies and LA and can take out tanks and sundies.
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

1. Get a competent engie loadout: Razor or GD-7F, commissioner or underboss, AI or AV turret, and tank mines or C4.
    2. Stop thinking engie is about shooting people. engie is about making it easier for HA and MAX to shoot people.
    3. Stop watching YouTube
    4. Stop writing walls of unreadable text or learn how to edit
    5. Stop whining
    EOL
  7. _itg

As others have said, your problem here is in large part that you have a terrible weapon combo. Drop the Archer, except when you see a ton of MAXes. Killing MAXes is the one and only thing it's good for. When using the Archer, equip a standard pistol like the Commissioner, since the Blackhand sucks up close, and just take cover from infantry you can't hit with your chosen pistol. The Blackhand IS a nice option for some extra range when using a CQC primary, so you could keep it and use the GD-7F or Cyclone.

99% of the time, when you think someone is cheating because their reaction time or aim is good, they're not. I can actually understand how you feel, because after playing this game for a year solid, I took a break for a few months (from all FPS games, actually), and when I came back, my own reaction time and situational awareness had reverted almost to what it was before I "got good" (relatively speaking, anyway). It was really eye opening, since I could see the game as a new/casual player does, but with all my veteran knowledge. I knew I used to be able to do what all these other players were doing to me, so I knew it was all legit, but it was still overwhelming. It took a few weeks to get back to my old skill level.

Keep in mind that people usually shoot the easy targets before they shoot the important ones. After all, they're rewarded for kills of any kind, not for being the hero. You're getting shot first because you don't move well or are out of position, I almost guarantee it. Stay near cover and never stand still.

As for what you see on Youtube, keep in mind that most of what you see is good players cherry-picking the moments that make them look even better, which usually means bullying a bunch of newbies. Keep in mind that most of them also have 11 other BR100s watching their back, while you have a bunch of randoms.
  8. Ximaster

Well,after some time thinking,i changed this combo,more oriented to cqc and killing infantry,non-MAX. I have the Pandora (Vanu shotgun) as primary,Blackhand at secondary for longer distances targets,still i conserve the Spitfire,im not a high user of MANA turrets,so i place the Spitfire and God knows what happen. And i have as tool the proximity mines,for the evident use... What do u think about this combo now???