Engies are a reason why LA sucks

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TheMercator, Mar 1, 2014.

1. TheMercator

Not only because they are the Pilots that shot us from the rooftops without anything to do against them but because we share every weapon we have with them. Most obviusly it happened with the UBGL that only got nerved because engies stayed in Spawnrooms on their ammo-pack and spammed, but I am sure it happened with a lot of weapons.
  2. JorgeSarcos

wut?
    • Up x 4
  3. Inf1nite

Actually, LA can get into lots of areas where Engineers can't. LA shine in biolabs because they can access the rooftops and C-4 enemy MAXes efficiently. One thing that I would like to see, to differentiate the two classes, us more LA only weapons just like how Engineers have their Battle Rifles. The LA specific weapons should be geared to Close Quarters as well.
    • Up x 1
  4. starlinvf

That would had been the SMG, had it not been a universal item. The Irony though is that battle rifles on for LA would be an insanely powerful combo. Its one of the reasons Slugs got nerfed so hard, as LAs were using them as DRMs from flanking positions.
  5. Corezer

I don't think the TC is wording himself in a way that is easily understandable, but yes, engineer is the source of many a woe for LA, as LA is the source of many a woe for the engineer.

We both have abilities that modify the power of our weapons, and thus weapon balance has to be referenced across both classes and ends up optimal for neither.
    • Up x 2
  6. Corezer

• Up x 1
  7. Inf1nite

Actually, SMGs were intended for infiltrators because all the scout rifles were terrible. I think it would add a little more uniqueness to the LA class if the Pump Action shotguns were only accessible by the LA class, however, all the other classes could access the other shotguns.
  8. LibertyRevolution

You are very wrong about this.. all classes can get on roofs in biolabs, even maxes, you want me to did up a video?
    It was made by an infiltrator a while back, showing how to use the trees.
    Outside a bio lab all classes but max can get anywhere a LA can via a spawn beacon...
  9. Inf1nite

I know, I was killed by a BR 100 MAX on top of the roof of the southern portal room. It just takes a lot of skill, and a lot of effort to get up there. My point is, that it's not common for other classes to be able to get up to those hard to reach areas without spawn beacons.