Engi can have 2 turrets? Glitch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JobiWan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. JobiWan

The last two nights I've been able to deploy a spitfire then an AV or AI turret and the spitfire stays, meaning I get a turret to watch my back while I'm on the other.

Is this a new feature or yet another bug? My money is on bug.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jacques Cayton II

It disappears after awhile
    • Up x 1
  3. JobiWan

A while? I had two turrets up for at least 10 minutes. What's 'a while?'
  4. Taemien

This isn't a bug. The Spitfire is a deployable like Mines.

Mines don't disappear for a while either. Even if you switch to a different mine type.. In fact you can put down Tank Mines, then Drop Proxies. Haven't tested how it works with utility pouch.. but if it goes how I think it does.. you can have a AV or AI turret, a Spitfire, and 3 proxies, and 5 tank mines out.. and maybe 4 C4 bricks.

That's a fuq-ton of ordinance from one dude. :D
    • Up x 1
  5. JobiWan

Yeah I know about mines and proxies etc, but until recently if I had a spitfire deployed then deployed any other turret, the spitfire disappeared straight away.

Now it doesn't, something has definitely changed in the last few days.
    • Up x 1
  6. Shiaari

I swear I tried that when Spits came out, and I couldn't deploy a MANA turret without the Spit dematerializing....... now I'm gonna try it again.

Fingers crossed.

God help them all if I can do this...
  7. Taemien

Meh.. screw the double turret.

I want to try putting out 12 explosives from one Engie. Talk about destroying a MAX crash single handedly
  8. DooDooBreff

ive tested the mines you mentioned.. not sure about c4 but you can have as 5 AV and 3 AI mines out at once
  9. AZAN

Haha if this is true I'm going to be using the spitfire a lot more.
  10. FateJH

4 C-4, 5 AV, 3 AI. They're all saved in their own lists, though only the AV mines will persist despite what you do with your character.
  11. Endlave

Huh, that can't be true. I am switching mine loadouts frequently and I am sure I killed people with Claymores a lot while running the tank mine loadout. I even forgot that I placed claymores that one time. That's how long they actually stayed up.
  12. JobiWan

Tank mines and AI mines persist even if you change class and/or die. C4 doesn't. It's a common strategy of mine when I'm bored with defending a zerg, I'll fall back to the next base to get zerged, put 4 tank mines out on the road in and 2 claymores on a capture point.

Easy certs and kills.
    • Up x 1
  13. FateJH

As long as you're just changing loadouts and not classes AI mines should stay out.
  14. JobiWan

AI mines stay out even if you change class. I do it all the time.
  15. Azawarau

I tested the spitfire and AI turret when it came out to see if it would disappear and it did

Last night in a biolab i deployed a spitfire in the SCU and changed to turret (Because this is how you use spitfires you uneducated swine) which was deployed when the SCU shield was downed.

I noticed the turret didnt go away this time and thought it was a bug

It definitely hasnt always been this way though

I tested different combinations with each turret to see how far i could go and the first one always went away imeddiately
    • Up x 1
  16. cobaltlightning

Perhaps this was an intentional feature, since a lone spitfire is weaker than even a Stalker Infiltrator, and is only one-at-a-time.

I'm still hoping for the day where the Spitfire will be on a recharge like the Mana, even if this bug feature gets removed.
  17. DooDooBreff

the spitfire will stay until you deploy a mana turret, not just by switching your loadout
  18. JobiWan

Yes, but currently it stays even when you deploy a mana turret.
    • Up x 1
  19. FeralBoy

AI mines will persist even when changing classes, until the first time you resupply with another class that can carry proxies (infiltrators), at which time the 3rd proxy mine will disappear (thus defaulting to the 2 proxy mine maximum loadout per cloakers).

From all prior experiences I too have observed the spittie deconning as soon as I dropped an AI or AV mana turret. I'll do some testing this weekend and see how long the boilover motion sensor, I mean spitfire turret, persists.

If this is indeed a new feature it certainly won't deter sneaky-sneaks like me from stabbing peeps off of turrets. I wish they would just extract their craniums from their rectums and let us place a minimum of 3 spitties at a time (which STILL would not be Anywhere Close to OP) but that is another dream for another thread.
    • Up x 1
  20. Chubby Monkey

Can confirm as an Engineer with maxed utility pouch and all three turrets, that since the January 14 patch when I noticed it, you can have out all the deployables at max rank including the two MANA turrets. Also as mentioned above, only changing to an Infiltrator will mess up your mines. The third proxy despawns. Changing from Engineer to any other class of course removes any deployed C4 and turrets.

From maxed utility pouch and SMG/Carbine after deploying I switch up to maxed nanoweave and battle rifle for roaming and turret hopping. Works well. Although, I hate the vehicle turret. More fun with my Archer so the vehicle turret sees little use. Bug or intended I do not know. Would love to hear an official statement.