Enforcer or Halberd?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nehlis, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Nehlis

Which do you swear by, and why?
    Harasser or Vanguard?
  2. Jake the Dog

enforcer hands down
    • Up x 1
  3. Maphreal

Halberd for peeking and using cover, Enforcer for easier use and slightly better dps.
  4. Champagon

NEITHER

Stop shooting my mag please. KTHANX
    • Up x 2
  5. Nehlis

Of course. I have C4 for that ;D
    • Up x 2
  6. sindz

Enforcer. No contest.
    • Up x 2
  7. LibertyRevolution

If you have access to the enforcer, you should be using the enforcer.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bananenweizen

For Vanguard: Halberd. For Harasser: neither, if you want hunt infantry put Canister on it, if you want hunt armor pull AP-Lightning instead.
  9. Ribero

Gotta run that Ranger.
    • Up x 3
  10. Brahma2

Enforcers barely out dps Halberds now, and you have to hit every shot as fast as you can fire as opposed to just one every reload for the dps to even be that close. Halberd for Vanguard or Magrider, don't use Prowlers because they're trash.

Harassers are worthless; get a flash instead.
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

i bought bundle, so i'm using Enforcer
    you forgot Fury - it hurts infantry and armor.
  12. Huishe

Enforcer because DPS. There might be scenario where alpha is preferable, but you probably won't get into one driving vanguard.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jeslis

Directives or kills?
    Long range sniping or close range brawling?

Directives = Enforcer. Altho the *Top Gun Kills* does seem to work for the halberd I think.. its still.. iffy
    Long range - Halberd. The aiming pips and the damage per shot are MUCH higher then the enforcer
    Close range brawling - Enforcer.. more dps then the halberd assuming 87.5% accuracy (7 in 8 hit) ((Compared to halberd 100% accuracy anyway.. obviously if you'll miss with the halberd at close range, then the enforcer becomes better and better at lower accuracy
  14. Revanmug

The Enforcer has a higher DPS.
    The Halberd has a much better AI capability.
  15. y3ivan

every statistics shows that halberd performed better than Enforcer. However 2/3 of them still prefer enforcer over halberd typically the lower BR gunners.

So its pretty clear the only reason why Enforcer is much loved is just because it is easy to use.
  16. JonboyX

Halberd for me. I prefer to be able to wait until the bumping has stopped to take the shot; you don't get that option really in the enforcer.
  17. Alarox

I was a Halberd guy for a long time. Then I was an Enforcer guy for at least half a year. Lately I've been a Halberd guy.

They're very similar weapons. Picking between them is 80% which you like more and 20% whether or not you want an edge in AV/AI.
    • Up x 1
  18. Alarox

It is more forgiving for people who struggle with their accuracy but I think the Enforcer is actually harder to use.

It requires two shots at minimum to kill infantry, requires sustained accuracy, and has a longer range of acceleration (which makes it more inconsistent). Recently I switched to the Halberd from the Enforcer because it is much less stressful to use.
    • Up x 1
  19. Alarox

If anyone was curious about damage/time comparisons, I put this together real fast:

[IMG]
  20. y3ivan

true. After the enforcer nerf, enforcer DPS isnt significantly higher than stock halberd. Considering that halberd has "Reload" cert line that decrease reload speed by .375s and alpha damage.