Enemy Light Assault Spotted! (Wait...wth?)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. {joer

I like to solo with my LA. Find a base with a good number of enemies, and see how much havoc I can cause. Two C4, my trusty carbine, and all of them.

Its a lot of fun.

But what I've been noticing lately is that I get spotted a lot. Now I'm not complaining about the spot feature. The issue is I'm getting spotted and no one should be able to see me. The worst was getting spotted by a guy I knew couldn't see me because I knew where he was exactly. He spotted me through a wall (I still killed him).

I'm curious, is this an effect of a wall hack, or is something else going on?
  2. Rusky

I don't think spotting through a wall is possible, so either he was using hacks or he actually did have a direct los to you somehow.

The NV scope for weapons helps spot LA's and even cloaked Inf's very easy.
  3. t31os

Maybe he peeped round for a very brief moment? Beyond that, possible wall hack.. at a guess.

That said, if he was wall-hacking, part of me would have expected him to have the shoot-through-walls hack to, then again, maybe not... some people just like to cheat a little.

Speculation, that's all we got..
  4. Zapier

Are you sure that you were the only light assault around? You said you were at a base with a lot of enemies... most players don't stick around bases with nothing going on, so it's not completely unthinkable that maybe they just spotted another LA. Many possibilities for it before considering hacking.
    • Up x 1
  5. Brickwalker

how do you know who's spotting you?

could be an enemy at a high vantage point spotting you..
    • Up x 1
  6. ChaosRender

I had this happen to me the other day as well, was being spotted every time I broke stealth by some one on the other side of a wall I was sniping against.
  7. The King

Sometimes you can spot through rocks.
    Q spamming at its finest. Should be able to do it once every 10 seconds at most.
    Might help the server...
  8. Crywalker

Spotting can actually work around LoS, if you're just around a corner or something. I spot tons of players that I normally would never be able to see.
  9. {joer

Headphones, two enemies on the point, both behind a wall, I'm hugging the wall, hear the spot, no other blue dots on map. Now it could have been an enemy light assault from NC (These were VS) but if so he didn't stick around. This was just the one where I'm rather positive there could have been no other LA's around, they had one window to look out and it wasn't facing me.
  10. Frosty The Pyro

or he could have been spoting a target that was far away. Or the map could have just bee not giving proper info (which happens ALOT)
  11. Cl1mh4224rd

Sometimes I've Q-spotted vehicles after they've passed behind terrain and out of my line sight. There was no "dorito" and I'm not sure it appeared on the minimap, but my character still called it out.
  12. Diamond Sword

Before the last changes to the spotting system, it was quite common to spot through walls, especially of spawn rooms.

They made it a little better now, but there are still several places where you can spot through solid geometry.
  13. AnnPerkins

Sometimes I get spotted by dead people. Not sure if this is the same thing. It's pretty creepy.
  14. Cougarbrit

Could be radar.