Enemies that are hacked out of turrets are now invisible and invulnerable.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Village, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Village

For a short period after you have hacked an enemy out of a turret, they can see you, shoot you, and kill you, but they are completly invisible to the infiltrator that has hacked them out. This means you don't stand a chance at killing them and you're forced to jump straight back into the turret.

Is this an intentional change or a bug? Because it seems incredibly inconsistent and plenty of times today i have died to invisible enemies i have hacked out of turrets.
  2. Dr. Euthanasia

This is old news, since the previous patch.

Our temporary solution is to hack the turret and get inside immediately, then exit. You'll be just as invisible and unkillable as the enemy you just hacked out of the turret, so killing him should be about as trivial as it was before this was broken.
  3. Village

Thanks for the info!

Yeah i haven't played since January.
  4. Dragonblood

I have to try that.
  5. OldMaster80

Bug introduced by GU05 or GU06, never been fixed. Do the way Euthanasia suggested, otherwise hacking an occupied turret is suicide.
  6. MNO

Drop a proxi mine infront of the turret. Run to the other side of the turret, hack.

He'll be ejected onto the mine and 9/10 they seem to die.
  7. Aimeryan

I haven't played in ages, but from what I remember of the issue when it was first talked about the mines will just set off but do no damage - maybe that has changed, however.
  8. iller

using glitch to fight glitch .... great

I swear I dropped a betty the day before yesterday and the kicked-out player exploded on it immediately.
    This of course requires you to hack it crouched in front of it instead of standing behind it which takes longer but w/e
    • Up x 1
  9. MNO

Works every time for me. Explodes as soon as they are ejected and they die instantly, whether rendered or not.
  10. Rift23

Confirming this works. Though the trick is not blowing yourself up in the process. Also a good way to prevent counter-hacking when in one yourself.

Hacking turrets is even better now that the phalanx got a damage buff (your tears sustain me tank drivers) and with the shields hiding you from plain view.
  11. MNO

Hell yes.

The most fun I have on my infil is when I get in a great spot to shoot 5+ tanks in the back and they all explode as people skitter around wandering whats going on.
  12. Village

Guess when i am going on a turret-hacking spree i'll take my medkits and flak armor.
  13. Teegeeack

I did not know this. Thank you for the info. Was wondering wtf was going on.
  14. m44v

This bug doesn't happen only when hacking turrets, but anytime the player leaves the turret, be it voluntary or forced. I was waiting for an infiltrator to leave one of our turrets, with my assault rifle ready to gun him down the moment he would come out. But he rendered to me already facing in my direction and firing his SMG, so I died.
  15. redsevenski

16. Intruder313

I found this out the hard way the very first time I hacked an occupied turret.
  17. Tnsr

LOLOLOLOL bug fixing?
    No time for this, SOE is busy implementing new guns!
  18. Rohxer

I've been aware of and taking advantage of this bug since it was introduced, but a strange thing happened the day after GU07. I had hacked an enemy infiltrator out of a turret and hoped in. I had no mines left so couldn't drop any, and was in no rush to pop out and get him because there were plenty of planes to shoot in the meantime - I figured when he hacked me out I'd just shoot him then.

Well, I saw him hacking and had my trigger finger depressed so I'd be insta-shooting him, but when I popped out he killed me with his weapon before I could get more than a couple rounds off. I thought dang, they fixed the bug, and sent him a tell saying as much. He had no idea there even was a bug and didn't think anything of what he did. Is it possible that it's only affecting some people?

After that incident I don't trust anything with them and just mine every time when I can.
  19. MNO

Everytime I jump out of a turret, usually with 2 or 3 people waiting for MANA Turrets and ****, they never see me for a second or two. Not had an instance where I was insta-dead.
  20. Village