Enemies in your spawn room?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hiding in VR, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Hiding in VR

At one point while I was playing last night, I spawned in a tower room. Initially it was badly camped but "we" managed to drive them back and I was doing the usual thing of running loops round the tower. An enemy Infiltrator dropped in front of me, I closed the distance to get an easy head shot, when he turned and ran through the red shield and into the tower room. At first I thought I had ms-identified a friendly but it was definitely an enemy so I shot him in the back of the head. A few moments later, it happened again with a Light Assault.

At no point were we in danger of losing the tower and it remained in our possession for the entire combat, I also double-checked my kill list and I have no Team Kills for yesterday.

So is this a hack, a bug or something I am missing?
  2. vsae

He probably clipped through the wall somewhere. Though there are different possibilities.
  3. Xasapis

If it was the same person, you might consider somebody hacking. However, if it was different people, then something might have been wrong with your connection.

Some of my outfit mates do get some weird glitches post PU02. They say on TS that they have frozen, when in our screen their vehicles are literally hopping around frog like. It could be something similar happening in your case. Did those people seem to have control of their character?
  4. Hiding in VR

Yes. I've seen the odd bit of stuttering movement but none during this fight and these guys were moving smoothly and firing their weapons.

Unfortunately I failed to notice if it was the same player, I didn't kill the LA.
  5. Hiding in VR

I saw them both run through the shield door. The Infiltrator I followed, darted in directly. Does that make a difference?
  6. IamDH

Lag or a dc make people continue momentarily what they were doing, regardless of any different environments.
    • Up x 1
  7. vsae

There is a bug after PU02 that sometimes makes a certain vehicle or infantry character invincible, they might aswell go through shields.. Nobody knows for sure
    Or this actually
  8. Hiding in VR

If that had been what happened wouldn't he have ran straight off the tower, rather than suddenly turn right and run through a shield door?
  9. M2_Bradley

It's probably ultra lag.
  10. IamDH

Really, the possibilities are endless.

He could have turned then you started lagging. Judging by the fact that didnt happen once, the probability of hacks decreases
  11. Hiding in VR

In the second occurrence with the LA, I was watching two other people fighting, rather than participate myself. The LA can into the spawn room and another player killed him before I could.
  12. Prudentia

really simple answer: rendering

It happened to me multiple times. you log in, press Instant action and land on a tower. you get shot at and run into the spawnroom.
    just to notice that it is full of enemies and you die to the painfield.
    It's the same issue as Shields not rendering as far as vehicles so you can shot trough. you just drop faster into a battle than the map loads.
  13. Hiding in VR

There most definitely was a spawn beacon on top of the tower, so I guess that was it.
  14. SharpeShooter

was it a hard spawn at some larger base like a biolab/tech plant/amp station? because as soon as the hard spawn goes natural people can enter the spawn! However, the shield doors would be yellow at that point not red/blue/purple.
  15. CrashB111

Thanks to the nature of how Planetside renders things weird **** can happen when you start to lose connection to the server, or get a big lag spike entering an area.

I've had moments where I gal dropped the landing pad at a Biolab, and my MAX suit was able to shoot a whole crowd of NC infantry that make no effort to return fire, it was until a few seconds later that everything started to render in and I realized I was shooting through all the cover, like the barrels, fence, and boxes on the landing pad and killing them all through the walls.

Another time I teleported in to the spawn room, ran out of it, and through an open doorway that after I went through the game caught up to me and the door rendered in to show me it was a blocked access point, which explained the very surprised VS when I came out of the wall.

Game gets funky.
  16. IamDH

If the same person did this then this wouldnt be the case. From personal experience of not rendering sound/heads/tanks and enemies in general, after the first drop they all render and when you drop again things will be rendered
  17. Cowabunga

I've tried where I landed as a drop pod on a tower and just ran into the enemy spawn room like it was nothing. Reason being that the shield handn't rendered for me so I could just walk right through. :D Only happened once for me.
  18. JorgeSarcos

^ This. it has also happened to me.
  19. Bindlestiff

There was an incident last night where we flipped a base on Esamir but nobody in the opposing (TR) faction moved out from their spawn warrior positions. They they proceeded to take no pain field damage and remained there for a good 30 seconds (they were well dug in) until they were cleared out.

Definitely an issue somewhere.
  20. CrashB111

A dual Mutilator Anchored MAX with an Engineer woulda made a killing there.
    • Up x 1