Enabling GPU Particles Causes Random CTD

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BetaGuru, Jul 21, 2013.

1. THUGGERNAUT

PhysX is just straight up broken in this game. it's not your computer, it's not your drivers or your graphics card, it's the game. they had it working properly for a week or two awhile back, and after some game update or other it's been broken ever since.
  2. user101

It looks like Nvidia is just as bad as SOE.... maybe worse. This is from there last beta update.

And there is a lot lot lot more that does not function......! It is amazing that Nvidia says nothing about Planetside 2 in there games and user fixes that are coming .....???? Maybe they have a deal with SOE___!

I am surprised that PhysX even works at all in SOE after reading all the problems.

I would not run Window 8.0 after reading this. It sounds like 8.0 is about half broken.

This is the 326.4x beta driver from Nvidia Read Carefully before you install....!

Known Product Limitations
    This section describes problems that will not be fixed. Usually, the source of the problem
    is beyond the control of NVIDIA. Following is the list of problems and where they are
    discussed in this document:
     “Screen Turns Black When Performing Clean Overinstall of NVIDIA Drivers on
    Windows 8.1 Optimus Notebook” on page 20
     “Flickering Black Screen Occurs After Installing the NVIDIA Drivers on Windows 8”
    on page 21
     “Total Available Graphics Memory Reported Incorrectly” on page 22
     “Increasing 4-way SLI/Multi-GPU Performance” on page 23
     “3D Vision USB Driver Does Not Get Installed” on page 23
     “No PhysX Acceleration Using the GPU” on page 24
     “NVIDIA PhysX System Software Cannot be Installed or Uninstalled in Windows
    Safe Mode” on page 24
     “3DMark 11 Does not Run in Stereoscopic 3D Mode” on page 24
     “Previous Driver Files Remain After Overinstalling with Release 256 or Earlier
    Drivers” on page 25
     “Do not Use Windows Rollback for Graphics Drivers” on page 25
     “Uninstalling Drivers Using Device Manager is not Supported” on page 25
     “Changing the Primary Display Across SLI GPUs Takes Longer than Expected” on
    page 26
     “Understanding the DirectX Version Shown in the NVIDIA System Information
    Window” on page 26
     “Using HDMI Audio with Displays that have a High Native Resolution” on page 27
     “Using HDMI Displays that do not Support Audio” on page 27
     “Using HDMI/DisplayPort Audio in Dualview or Clone Mode Configurations” on
    page 28
     “Flat Panel Scaling Controls are Non-functional for Some TV Modes for Some
    Displays” on page 28
     “GPU Runs at a High Performance Level (full clock speeds) in Multi-display Modes”
    on page 29
     “GeForce GTX 295 Fan Control Does not Function With NVIDIA Control Panel
    Performance Group version 6.03.06.00” on page 29
     “1280x1024 @ 60 Hz not Available on BenQ FP241W Monitors” on page 29
     “GeForce 6 and 7 Series Cards Cannot Output Interlaced Signals in SLI Mode
    [251457]” on page 29
     “Image Sharpening Control not Available with GeForce 8 Series and later GPUs” on
    page 30
  3. fumz

first time looking through driver notes?
  4. Ltsmba

Unfortunately running in full screen windowed mode did not fix the problem for me. As far as I can tell there is no fix for this yet except to have the game fixed.
  5. user101

Yup first time I read the notes in any detail. very sad... about SOE and the game was so good with PhysX turn on.

If you stay in the tech plant on top you can run it but if you are on the ground for get it. You can't be around Max's or Terminals.

I have it running sort of ok but it kills your shooting people because of the FPS you have to stay above 30 for it to work good.
    Out in the open away from everything I run 120 FPS. Max's = 9 Terminals = 20 big fights = 10 to 50.

Have not loaded the latest updates to much tweeking by SOE... they are just hacking it to get it to work... no way to update software. When the new map goes up I think you will see indar come down to fix the problems.
  6. fumz

rhetorical...