Empire Specific Sniper Rifle Ideas

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by MisterSlim, Sep 12, 2014.

1. MisterSlim

So, I love the idea of each faction being vastly different from each other. I also adore the cloaker class, whether it be sniping or stalking. I'd love to hear some ideas from you guys in regards to Empire Specific Snipers (bolt action or otherwise. Be creative!)

So far, I've come up with this:
    • NC: "GD-Zeus"- Fires a high-velocity, heavy, high-damage round. However, due to the weight of the projectile, it will have a much higher amount of drop. In addition, this damage can be done in two charge-up stages. Stage one will deal 'standard T3' damage, with 'standard T3' velocity. In the second stage of charge-up, it will deal additional damage, delivered at a higher velocity, something like 850 damage out to 10m, and 530 damage out to 400m. The charged round can be held for X seconds before needing to be released, otherwise it will cause electrical overcharge (a short cooldown).
    • TR: "M2-Medusa"- Fires several mid-velocity, mid-damage rounds at the same time due to a modified receiver. Think "Multi Barreled SR". In order to compensate for the wall of lead they are throwing out, they have very long reload times. In addition, they must keep their barrels cooled down in order to continue the onslaught. Allowing the barrels to overheat will result in a 'barrel swap' animation, that will take some time to complete. Picture this firing a triangle of bullets. A two-bodyshot kill could happen if all bullets hit, but missing with one or more bullets will obviously require more damage. Since it would lack typical burst-fire progressive recoil, each trigger pull would have to have high recoil to compensate.
    • VS: "VX-Poseidon"- Using a liquid cooled, light channeling receiver and an elongated barrel, velocities rivaling the speed of light can be achieved. This will be a charge-up mechanic. It will be able to achieve a borderline hitscan velocity, with 770 damage out to 10m, and 510 damage out to 400m. Because of the velocity, it will have very little drop. However, the tracer left from this round will be incredibly prominent, and the weapon can only be charged and fired while ADS. The charge can be held indefinitely, but leaving ADS or being hit with a charge in progress will result in 'component damage' and cause a 'repair' animation (a cooldown).
    *Standard T3 Damage is 700 out to 10m, and 400 damage out to 400m.
    *Standard T3 velocity is 650m/s
    **The NC and VS rifles are designed to be insane damage and velocity weapons, with harsh penalties for not following their rules. Reload times for these weapons will both be quite lengthy, along with having a small mag size. Chamber times will also be quite lengthy. These other stats will compensate for their increased killing potential per shot.

Tell me what you guys think!
    • Up x 3
  2. patrykK1028

No more charge for Infiltrator!!!!!
    Also, ES sniper rifles werent released that long ago so we will probably have to wait some time for more. I think theres higher chance of NS bolt action rifle
  3. DatVanuMan

1. I LIKE IT!
    2. NICE!
    3. Hitscan...
    I love you.
    AMAZING ideas, man! Quite amazing indeed:D
  4. CuteBeaver

Oh my god. Imagine yourself full lumifiber... tech camo... the night is young. Your wraith flash is now uncloaked being used as cover and glitters on the mountain top in all its glory. With the poseidon in your hands you transform into a beacon of frustration against the night sky. A tiny glowing smear of tracer spewing goodness. Like that decorative ornamental star that kept lighting the holiday tree on fire. The troll factor alone is worth at least one upvote.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. MisterSlim

Well, you are quite lovely yourself. Thanks for the feedback!
    • Up x 1
  6. MisterSlim

As is your gorgeous toad.

I did say "Near hitscan". It will have a travel time, albeit a short travel time. It will still be measurable using the m/s scale xD.
  7. MisterSlim

I am completely fine with charge-based mechanics, as long as they are done properly. The Phaseshift (this is ONLY MY OPINION) just doesn't pack enough power to be worth learning how to use effectively. The endless ammo idea is neat, but a bit gimmicky, especially with ammunition belt available. It just feels like I can use the V10 or Parallax to get the same result as the Phaseshift in a much faster way, so it doesn't feel worth learning to charge. With the ideas mentioned in the OP, I feel that it gives enough incentive to be worth mastering the learning curve. Again, this is only my opinion on the matter, but I feel that charge mechanics are great if they provide a real reason to master them.

-Just Some Two-Cents
    -MisterSlim
  8. Neo3602

Great ideas, IMO the more interesting(and useful) empire specific stuff in Planetside 2 the better. That and I would really like an actual ES sniper rifle for the TR instead of the TRAP which is more of a scout rifle than a sniper rifle.
  9. Jawarisin

Lumifiber on an infiltrator: Check
    Tech camo on my VS Infiltrator: Check
    Troll factor: Rising