[Suggestion] Empire Specific Shotguns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by z1967, Oct 17, 2014.

1. z1967

Currently, all infantry shotguns except for the Jackhammer and Mag Scatter are the same across factions. The Pandora is the same as the Nighthawk in every way except the gun model. What I propose are three brand new shotguns, one for each faction. If you read nothing else, the TR are getting a high capacity auto shotgun, the NC are getting a Super slug shotgun, and the VS are getting a Charge up/heat mechanic shotgun. The stats are not yet perfectly balanced, but should offer a general guide as to what I feel the weapons should behave and feel like.

TR
    The TR infantry weapons have large magazines, low damage rounds, and a good ROF. The TR ES Shotgun takes this into mind and fires several low damage rounds at a fast ROF. The DPS is slightly less than the normal Auto-shotgun, so no big worries there. You cannot equip slugs with this weapon. There are two options for a few things, such as the damage. And now, the somewhat imbalanced stats.

Option 1 Damage: 125x4 (500 damage per shot, 750 if all hit the head)
    Option 2 Damage: 100x5 (500 damage per shot, 750 if all hit the head)
    Max/Min Range: 5m to 40m
    ROF: 400 RPM
    Magazine size: 20 rounds (You can use an attachment that replaces the drum with a banana mag with 10 rounds and increases reload speed)
    Spread: 3 (the same as the stock shotguns)
    Bloom per shot: .4 (.1 less that all shotguns)
    Starting COF: 1.5 (same as all shotguns)
    Reload: 3 short, 4 long
    Reload with Banana Mag: 2 short, 3 long

Other than things stated here, all other stats are virtually the same. Again, these are not final but just first thought stats.

NC
    The NC already have a wide variety of shotguns. So, I did my best to try and think of something that is a shotgun, but is also not a shotgun. In short, the concept is to have a Slug shotgun that behaves somewhat like a rifle. No access to pellet based ammo, this weapon is 100% slug based. The stats are balanced around the idea of it being a hybrid between the BASRs and the PA shotguns. Here are the all important stats:

Damage: 800 damage per shot (1200 on headshots)
    Max/Min Range: 800 at 20m and 500 at 85m (it will OHK up to 50m if I did my math right, will also 2 HK to the Body at all ranges)
    ROF: 70 RPM
    Magazine size: 5 stock, 8 with extended mags
    Accuracy: Ctrl c +Ctrl v the sniper rifle stats. No point in reinventing the wheel
    Reload: 2.5 short, 3.5 Long (not sure about this, needs adjusting)
    Velocity: 450 m/s (150 m/s higher than all the other shotguns)

The weapon feels like a great mix of shotgun and Sniper Rifle. Also will be the only shotgun without ADS COF.

VS
    Hard to come up with a good weapon for the VS that wasn't a PoS, so this one will need further adjustment. Idea is a weapon that starts with low base damage (but a decent ROF) and goes up to a much higher damage shot as it charges. The ammo is based on the number of pellets it can spit out. You cannot charge up a super shot, but it won't fire the charged shot for around 10 secs after you finish charging it. I am thinking approximately .125 seconds of charging per pellet to be fired and it starts with 4 pellets in the weapon. Maximum number of pellets you can charge up to is 12, and the total number of pellets you can fire before cooling down is 36 (subject to change). Here are the stats:

Damage: 130x4, gains one pellet per .125 seconds
    ROF: 260 RPM
    Max/Min Range: Same as the stock shotgun
    Magazine size: 36 pellets (subject to change, can be raised to 46 with ex batteries)
    Accuracy: same as the stock shotgun
    Velocity: 290 m/s and no projectile drop (useless, but why the hell not)

That is all I can put in numbers. Divide 36 by whatever the number of pellets you are planning to fire plus four and you will get the amount of shots you can fire of that pellet count. Ammo is infinite and uncharged shots are semi-automatic. I am thinking there should be a fire switch mode between normal semi auto and the charge mode, for pure QoL purposes. I don't think it should have access to slugs, but I am open to your opinions on that.

That is all I have right now, unless you want sketches for my ideas for the model. As you might expect, I would love feedback on these designs and think that these weapons are far from balanced. If anything, take the concepts and mold it in your own way to make the weapons better.

TL;DR
    -TR get auto shotgun
    -NC get Slug Shotgun
    -VS get Charge up wacky shotgun thing
  2. SeanFree

NC Shotgun on my LA please, get this on Higby's desk right away :D
  3. Rovertoo

The NC shotgun needs to be a double barreled break action shotgun.

http://www.zombie-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/Break-action-shotgun.jpg

Can you imagine a big blue and yellow, Hexagonal-barreled one of those? It'd be AMAZING!

Pros: INSANE damage, capable of actually being a threat to MAXes. (arguable, of course. Not saying one-shot or two-shot them or anything, just a bit more than pumps are now)

Cons: 2 bullets per clip. You'd need to reload after every shot.

You could have two fire modes, single shot and double shot. Single shot would be just like a semi-auto shotgun, same kind of fire rate, and fire a single shell per pull, and double shot would fire both shells at once, then reload.

The problem with this gun is that it'd be overkill, since we already have single-shot kill Pump actions, so it wouldn't really matter to have another OHK gun with less ammo, but golly would it be fun!
  4. EGuardian1

My god. You want to give every NC LA a SNIPER shotgun? I'm already terrifying enough with Claw Slugs, this would break EVERY fight.

Don't get me wrong, I want it. I want it big time, but the rage it would cause.... Sweet Cowboy Hatted HIgby...
  5. z1967

I was thinking about doing this for the NC shotgun, however it seems everyone wants one of these so I was thinking it could be an NS weapon released at a later date. Everyone loves the double barrels for some reason, I guess it is the classical look of them.

I feel that the slow-ish ROF and 450 m/s velocity should keep the power down. It also only OHks to 50m, after that it requires 2 shots (a body shot and a head shot). If you think it is OP, what would you do to reduce its power? Or is the concept broken and should be replaced with something else?
  6. EGuardian1

Basically give the NC a battle rifle and call it a low power railgun. Still same concept, but lower damage and slower ROF. Think Shadow but with higher DMG, lower ROF, and some physics. You could turn it into an 'accelerator' attachment instead of a compensator.

Give the TR a drum magazine attachment that reduces accuracy heavily but gives Carbines and ARs 80 rounds.

Give the VS the "Dubstep" attachment that modulates their lazors to wave like this. (increase DMG, increase minimap spotting, lower accuracy a bit.)

7. TriumphantJelly

Dubstep gun-Shotgun: Basically the original PS2 Lasher.

It'd get nerfed, like, so quickly. The WHINE would be insane :p

So I'm afraid taht all I can say is [IMG]
  8. Rovertoo

Yeah, my only issue with that is that NS weapons are already a bit too 'NC'. They have the high-damage Underboss/Commie, Halberd, Annihilator and Decimator that kind of encroach on NC territory. NS should be the adaptable, low damage, middle-of-the-road weapons, not 'highest damage'. That's Blue-and-Gold FREEDOM flavor!
  9. EGuardian1

Commish and Underboss are revolvers, only 6 mag capacity hurts a lot. Even the Rebel is 8 mag.

The Magshot is like a SOCOM or Colt 45 - reliable and high stopping power per shot. The TX1 Repeater is like a Glock with burst fire, lots of low caliber bulelts that spray. Finally the Beamer is like twenty flashlights all put tougher in a mirror shape that focuses it into a laser that might singe your eyebrows off or sear your retinas if you look at it directly.

Actually I lie, i quite like the Beamer as weak as it is. Kinda like a Berreta M2 - tons of low powered accurate bullets :D
  10. Rovertoo

Oh, not arguing balance here. I know that the Commie and Underboss have their drawbacks. It's just that they feel so much more NC than NC sidearms.

And the Rebel is 10 Mag now, they changed it a while back.
  11. Skooma Lord

I think it would be cool for the N.C. one to have a charge mechanic. The longer you charge up the smaller the spread gets. It will behave kind of like a Wookie Bowcaster from Star Wars. The uncharged shots would be somewhat weaker than normal shotguns but the charged shot has a good amount of range and damage to make up for it.