Empire specific lightnings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Newlife1025

Rail gun on an nc lightning. Double cannon for tr or chain gun thing. And many a laser cannon for vs. Ns has ruled long enough, #empirespecific2016or17 whichever works
    • Up x 2
  2. Erendil

I want PS1's Thresher with a forward-fixed cannon for the VS's Lightning.

Basically a smaller, faster version of the PS2 Magrider w/ no top turret and either a mini-Saron or PPA for the main cannon.

Like this:

• Up x 2
  3. Jake the Dog

NC- Railgun
    TR- AV Autocannon
    VS- beam weapon
    • Up x 2
  4. JKomm

I'd rather they just allow cosmetic turrets so if you use faction exteriors it will alter the turret design too, since that is generally the worst looking part of the Lightning.
    • Up x 2
  5. Cyiko

GIVE ME MY WAIFU BACK
  6. Demigan

Just spitballing here:

NC Lightning:
    Receives charged railgun ability. When activated the next shot/magazine will pass through an enemy, damaging that enemy and potentially hitting the one behind it.
    Autocannon: 4 shots per magazine, high velocity (600m/s), medium AOE.
    AI canon: AH cannon.
    AV cannon: Railgun.

TR Lightning:
    Receives bouncing ammo ability. When activated the next shot/magazine will bounce twice before detonating, unless it hits a target.
    Autocannon: 8 shots per magazine, high velocity, small AOE
    AI cannon: Banshee
    AV cannon: Vulcan

VS Lightning:
    Receives
    Autocannon: 6 shots per magazine, high velocity, small/medium AOE
    AI cannon: Fires something similar to the repair-gun so you can have a laserbeam, has long range.
    AV cannon: Fires something similar to the repair gun so you can have a laserbeam, has short range.
    • Up x 3
  7. Ziggurat8

You always have to ask; how does this fit with the rest of the factions arsenal?

Sure it could fit the empire specific theme. Does it fill a hole in the combined arms game? Or does it take the place of an all ready existing weapon or vehicle? Having options is cool for sure, but if I'm never gonna pull another X again because Y does it better, it doesn't need to be in the game.

I'm of the opinion that the developers need to take 2 steps back and look at the game from the big picture view. Think of it like an RTS game that instead of AI controlling the units humans are. Is one faction better overall (despite individual weapon systems performing better or worse) when compared to the other 3?

How do we fix that? The new ES specific content should be based around that idea. What does VS need, what does NC need, what does TR need.

Not more: well VS are lasers so lets give them a new laser that does the same thing! NC are shotguns, how about another shotgun! TR, well, chainguns of course!
    • Up x 3
  8. FieldMarshall

Some of the most fun vehicle weapons to use in my opinion is the Vulcan, Banshee and Canister.
    I would really like to see them (tweaked/rebalanced and) put on some sort of solo vehicle, like a Lightning.

I would also like to see a return of the Aphelion's Continuous Laser from PS1.
    It was basically a no-recoil pinpoint accurate laserbeam that dealt continuous damage.
    You had to keep the beam aimed on enemies for a while to kill them, but it was a lot of fun to use imo.
    (It had damage degredation so you couldnt snipe with it)

ES AA weapons would also be cool.
  9. FateJH

VS are plasma.
  10. Pikachu

NC
    Pre-nerf vortek
    [IMG]
  11. Liewec123

partially this, it makes me laugh that the VS can buy a sleek hoverlooking chassis for lightning, but it still has the blocky ugly turret glued on top.
    • Up x 1
  12. cbplayer

Been suggested before
    [IMG]
  13. Daigons

It boggles the mind that the ANT & Sunder are getting ***major*** weapon upgrades while the Lightning is being neglected.
    • Up x 1
  14. AirPilot

No please don't nerf TR like this.

The double barrel gun on a prowler is essentially a nerf. Good sometimes but most of the time to do slightly less damage but all in 1 shot is a huge ammount better.
  15. Newlife1025

I saw the second cannon as a chance for redemption. All at once leaves you open.
  16. entity009

I made a post about this some time ago and got nothing but hate. People are too worried about the other empires getting something cooler than theirs.
  17. Newlife1025

Probably wasn't the time