Empire Specific buggies again like harasser from ps1 to ps2 [Devs plz read]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Jun 15, 2018.

1. NeonSonic

Like from PlanetSide 1 but reworked into PlanetSide 2 basically Thresher [VS] Enforcer [NC] Marauder [TR] back in action again. Balancing and tuning done of course by daybreak since they are good at it but feel free to make suggestions in this thread.

Constructive feedback only please!

Anyway to start us off they could base it off harasser but maybe make them slightly tougher buggies than harasser but less speed and cost slightly more nanite to pull. [Just a Thought] VS one could be the most agile/maneuverable out of the 3 and hover like from the old game and like the magrider. [Yes] NC one could have the toughest armor. [etc] TR one could have 3 guns on it [3 gunners possible] and have the fastest speed. [Like from the old game - Thought]

The weapons [guns] for the buggies could have the empire specific weapons from the empire specific vehicles for the designated faction that is currently available [but maybe even have specific version for the new buggies like how they did with the harasser but this time stronger for the Empire Specific Buggies] but maybe to resemble PS1 since it was good [god] and they have brought ps1 things back in ps2 in new format. Example the high ammo count PPA Weapon for Thresher [like one from ps1] [Thought]. Enforcer from ps1 for new Enforcer NC buggy but maybe better resemblance of ps1 enforcer weapon in terms of strength [addition specific for NC enforcer buggy - like an option to select in from the already present weapon selection] [Also they added this weapon in the game already but I mean a stronger one specifically for the NC Enforcer buggy [New] ]. [Thought] TR one can have the grenade launcher option once again machine gun again but maybe for ps2 u can mix and match them for more firepower etc and even have dual of same type of weapon if chosen [weeee].

Anyone that likes the idea of these returning feel free to give constructive feedback/ideas for the devs to help incentivize them to put these back in the game for PlanetSide 2 [cause they were alot of fun to play with in the first game!] [they would be a fine addition to add to in this game like how they added in the router/Orbital Strike/ etc. and other remnants of things from the old game, these are still missing]
  2. Lee Weldon

Empire specific scares me on vehicals because if its too underpowered then nobody will use it and if its slightly broken it may change the whole meta. I just think with current structure, you have 3 tiers of what are ment to be combat vehicals, the flash, very agile, the harrasser, a little less mobility but mid range power, the tanks which is obviously the slow powerhouse. I think you can have more vehicals but I want more creativity from them then I'm capable of thinking up right now and have more variance then just the speed to power ratio otherwise is it really worth the balancing implications it poses.That and I think it needs definitely a purpose, I think I'd rather see new aircrafts or boats to be real, that would get me more excited. Theres so much that hasn't really been explored like planes that are made for assaulting buildings, like drop mini nukes or drop napalm that like crowd controls an area or something. Or like a ship within a ship, like a drop pod.
  3. NeonSonic

I see where you are coming from but they had a ton more vehicles in PlanetSide 1 and the vehicles were balanced and all served a role (before Battleframe Robotics (BFRs) ) they could easily do the ESBs (Empire Specific Buggies) just as easily as they do the MBTs (Main Battle Tanks) for PlanetSide 2.

Also on the speed to power ratio i was just giving an example the devs can easily do this since they were made in the first game. Anyway thanks for the input! :)
  4. OneShadowWarrior

They actually had the designs done with SOE for PS2, not sure if they coded them in the game. I would like some of the mechanics fixed with present vehicles fixed first, they flip over way to easy and need better traction, off roading capabilities and better torque.

Even tires, I wish they were more than cosmetic and effected traction, grip and slide, like tires actually do....
  5. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

lol. You're a terrible driver. Harasser with hill climb handles like it's on rails. With the nitrus maxed out, it flies up and over mountains. If you're flipping, then you're accelerating into obstacles and over cliffs.
  6. OgreMarkX

I used to love the idea of Empire Specific things. No more. As a TR only player, I am tired of DBG being unable to design WORKING, NON GIMMICK, USEFUL TR specific weapons as opposed to the VS and NC variants.

I mean, on initial design, DBG green-lit a VS weapon THAT INCLUDED A KNOW HACK (hello modified hit-box).

Please no more.

TRAP
    BUTCHER
    DRAGOON (less ammo than other factions and "features" that nerf it even harder at the cost of certs?????)
    LOCK DOWN

Just please. Stop. No more.
  7. Lee Weldon

The factions are pretty well balanced now, each gun, each vehical, definitely not but among the best guns to use for each scenario. I certainly wouldn't be complaining as TR... you have probably the best ESF, best pistols, a lot of guns I'd use that just edge out slightly in front of NC and VS counterparts.

I'm not saying they will break the balance, just the game needs a bit more ES flavor but it actually has to be interesting because why wreck the game as it is right now for bland additions when the games actually got some of the best balance it's seen. If anything a lot of new cool stuff has been made obsolete because it has edged that little bit ahead and been overnerfed.