EMP Grenades: Gamebreaking, OP, and cheap.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nejisaurus, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Gustavo M

Because infiltrators can't do **** in infantry play and are totally useless, amirite?
  2. metrotw

flashbangs were even better than emps before they got nerfed.

especially with the BANDOLIEIRRERERERERERERERERE.

first suit slot I ever maxed out on my LA and still the one I use most today. There is something so very satisfying about being
    able to lob 4 nades, 2 c4 packs and...before it was nerfed into crap....the trac5-s with the nade launcher. a one man ordnance
    show...combined with maxed out drifter packs over the valleys of indar....sigh...i miss the old days :(
  3. DeadlyOmen

Is EMP going to be the next Crybully witchunt?
    • Up x 2
  4. Hegeteus

Why are EMPs suddenly such a big issue? You could cause the same if not better effect by just lobbing frag grenades non stop. Bandolier is the real issue
  5. XanIves

Frag grenades cant be thrown at the outside of a point building and still affect everyone inside. EMPs can. EMPs also detonate upon imact, removing any way for a defender to try to escape. Frags are easy to escape, what with the 2-3 second fuse and the bright red indicator. If an infiltrator looks near you and hits the "G" key, you are EMPed, period.
  6. Stigma

If EMPs bother you - you can always just choose to be 100% immune to them. There is an implant for that....

Given this it is very hard or them to be gamebreaking when you can literally ignore them and pretend they don't even exist in the game if you so choose.

Imagine if it was that easy to turn yourself immune to explosive grenades...

-Stigma
  7. Devilllike

This tactic is awesome for people that dont have enough brain to get an emp shield lol
  8. Crayv

Reminds me of the days of the "death pizzas" where people were saying "lol just use mine guard". Except this is worse as your defense/suit slot does not run out of power.
    • Up x 1
  9. customer548

We need tennis rackets in order to be able to throw back those EMPs asap !
  10. Imperial Sect

And to not go through walls.
  11. Shiaari

How on Earth were you kept in spawn by EMP grenades?
    • Up x 1
  12. JudgeNu

Redeploy.

Counter-EMP.

Also isn't there an EMP implant thingmadoodle?
  13. SpartanPsycho

Why?
  14. SpartanPsycho

An EMP grenade prevents the use of a class's ability and removes half of its health.

A max can't charge/shield/ZOE, a heavy can't shield, a medic can't AOE heal, and infil can't use motion spotter or cloak.
  15. SpartanPsycho

EMP nades should not go through walls.
  16. Shiaari

Errr... that would defeat the purpose of it being an electromagnetic pulse. Basically, you're asking me to suspend my disbelief and accept that some mechanic prevents low energy EM waves from traveling around corners (they do), even if the walls are magnetically shielded.

An electromagnetic pulse works because it induces an electrical field in a circuit. In this fashion it is not enough to simply place something between yourself and the origin of the pulse. You need to magnetic shielding that covers everything.

I get it. Nanites.

And that keeps people bottled up in a spawn room? It doesn't keep me bottled up in a spawn room.

The OP sounds like a tank driver whining about blundering into C4.

If EMP 'nades are keeping you in a spawn room, then you have bigger problems than EMP spam.
  17. Scr1nRusher

It causes grenade spam
  18. SpartanPsycho

What is the grenade spam directed towards?
  19. Scr1nRusher

All Grenades.
  20. SpartanPsycho

I know how an EMP works.
    This is case of realism getting in the way of fun, so if vehicles have to be nerfed for infantry pleb fun, then infantry should abide by the same rules of balance.

We are not talking about you. We are talking about the average playerbase. I think that EMPs should be nerfed along the line of logic used to nerf vehicles.