EMP Grenades: Gamebreaking, OP, and cheap.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nejisaurus, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Nejisaurus

I'm throwing the towel in. 50/50 population @ TI alloys defending. Well actually we were spawncamped. Why?

Some dakka TR platoon decided it would be funny to spam EMP grenades with full grenade bolier (or w/e u spell it). It was impossibru to push out. I'm still laughing in disbelief while typing this. kkkkkkkk *middle finger* kkkk
  2. FateJH

"Bandolier," three syllables. Also sometimes "bandoleer."
  3. AxiomInsanity87

Any gangk squad will have that effect

EMP gangk squad though lol.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Grenade bandoleer needs to be removed from the game.
    • Up x 2
  5. Foxirus

Game breaking my ***. They all had to be infiltrators to use those EMPs. If they have enough of a zerg to sit outside the spawn and spam EMPs, You would not have made a single bit of difference even without EMPs. Being that they are infiltrators, You could have just as easily equipped your EMP implant or just tossed an EMP yourself. I find that when an infiltrator group is hit with an emp, They tend to scatter like cockroaches in a sudden flash of light.
    • Up x 3
  6. Taemien

0 damage kept people locked in a spawn... holy sh-t... lol.

Just be glad you didn't have Engineers with Sticky Grenades. Eventually one is gonna stick to a skittish spawnroom warrior and blow up all his buddies.

That alone makes voice packs on Recursion Stat Tracker worth it.

OP your problem was your team being a bunch of scrubby piece of crap noobs. Nothing more. Not a grenade, not a suit slot. But just being plain bad. But what do you expect from someone who sits in a spawn room? But hey.. lets cry to the devs like a kid crying to a teacher in the playground after being picked on by a bully.
    • Up x 3
  7. Gundem

Gundem's *patent pending* trademarked Spawncamp break plan!

Step 1, spawn at another ******* base

Step 2, pull some ******* tanks

Step 3, flank the ******* zerg

Step 4, roll in the ******* certs

That'll be $99.99 please.
    • Up x 5
  8. Reclaimer77

Or you could pull some Sunderers and give your empire a chance to take back the base?

But hey, why bother when you can be a killwho$ing Vehicleside ****%er like you.
  9. Crayv

I see my efforts to get EMPs nerf'd from a couple of months ago is finally starting to gain momentum.
  10. Thostbog

Time to go on an EMP grenade killing spree.
    • Up x 1
  11. thebigbortishbort

i would love a grenade boiler , boil me up some delicious ordinance.
    • Up x 2
  12. Taemien

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  13. AxiomInsanity87

"Yeah but people having to go out of their way to counter others is not fun for anyone and is just bad for the game".

No joke, i was told that, albeit not the exact same words.
  14. Codex561

I don't think you use that word right...
  15. AxiomInsanity87

Yes he did.
    • Up x 1
  16. Codex561

What momentum?? I didn't see his post but this one is some nub whining for being bad at the game, trying to blame it on EMPs and gets destroyed for making stupid claims. END OF STORY!
  17. AxiomInsanity87

While this is indeed a nub post, his use of the word was correct.
    • Up x 1
  18. Lord_Avatar

Holy ****. OP, just hang your head in shame and quit the game, will you?
    • Up x 1
  19. Crayv

I discovered that EMPs are stupidly powerful a few months ago while trying to auraxium the MKV and decided to make it my mission to get them nerfed.

So I started spamming them like crazy, as in just throwing them non-stop at any group of enemies I see till I run out, resupply asap, repeat until i ran out of resources.

Eventually after being hit by them numerous times people started to spam them as well (at this point I was a bit burned out took and didn't play much for a while), and then the people on the receiving end of their spam turned to spamming and we get to where we are now to where it is reaching critical mass.

I even made a post a while back saying that this was going to happen.
  20. Tiili

I like it that people have finally realized it's better to flash/emp rooms before running in to the meatgrinder. Even better if they keep doing it to crush the enemy morale for an easy cap.
    A lot of people still hate my guts for using Gauss Compact S + smoke launcher religiously, psychological warfare at it's best.

Anything feels op if you don't counter it, if you want to stand inside a spawnpoint getting empd/flashed/smoked nobody is going to stop you, but you should probably try something like a galaxy crash at that point.

Drop straight into their ranks and let em throw those EMPs if they dare :)