Emergency Logouts ???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HellasVagabond, May 28, 2013.

1. HellasVagabond

During the past 3 days i've seen numerous people logout to avoid getting killed.

First it was an VS LA who i had pinned down behind a rock. For 2 minutes or so he was moving around i was moving around, couldn't get a clear shot. So i stood still from a position looking down to that rock (unfortunately my HEAT shells didn't pack enough splash damage to get him behind the rock). So after just looking down at the rock for a couple of minutes reinforcements came and Voila, nothing. He was gone.
    Another time i downed a Mossie, no eject, no corpse, no nothing...No kill either...
    Same thing happened with a TR in an AV turret. I was shooting at it with my Vanguard, there were two infiltrators next to it (in case he ejected), destroyed the turret, no kill, nothing....Noone came out either (now i don't trust what others say a lot but two people would had seen someone getting out of a turret).
    Same thing happened with a magrider, destroyed it (had no gunner), flames, smoke, debris, 5 people around it, no kill, no VS, no nothing.

Bottom line Logouts are getting more and more usual and this needs to stop somehow. Ideas ?
  2. Cowabunga

Might be a redeploy too - You can stop them from doing this by scoring a "hit" while the count down timer is active.
    • Up x 1
  3. HLM

Simple solution: Logging out requires you stand still and are not in a vehicle or doing anything at all for 10, 20 seconds.
    You'll never guess what game already had this revolutionary feature? Yeah, Planetside 1.
  4. HellasVagabond

Redeploy takes almost 10 seconds, couldn't had been that. Perhaps on the 1st case but that's the same as logging out. You do it to avoid getting killed. I can understand doing that if you are inside a spawn room, you have less than 30s to take back the base and its getting farmed from the outside. All other situations however no.

Oh i know but if SOE wanted PS2 to be the same as PS1 they would had done so. So they need other ways to counter that.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cowabunga

There is no real fix to redeploying to avoid death, without hurting the ability. Logging out should be on a time though.
  6. HellasVagabond

Perhaps you can't redeploy when you have less than 50% health or something similar ? I think SOE can figure out ways.
  7. Teegeeack

There shouldn't be a fix to redeploying to avoid death.
  8. Cowabunga

Would be annoying as hell for outfits. If half of your outfit can't relocate to the WG or any other position because they have low health.
  9. Teegeeack

You have ten seconds to kill the guy. If you can't do it, you failed, deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Zotamedu

And quite a few MMOs all around the world have this. I don't understand why it wasn't implemented here. 10 seconds to log out except inside warpgate makes sense. That's how pretty much all MMO RPG works.
  11. HLM

Also there is always the possibility the enemy's game crashed. Has happened to me a number of times right in the middle of dogfights.. But it probably is still people logging out.
  12. HellasVagabond

Why not ? So you are hunting down someone and the moment he figures out he can't evade you he can logout or redeploy ? No way that should be the case.

Outfits have medics...I doubt it would change anything for them....

10s ? Seriously ? It takes 10s for me to shoot twice with a Vanguard so if you are in an Magrider and you know you can't get away you can redeploy Before i can destroy it.
    Also if you are an infiltator you can stay Cloaked for 10s.
    The examples are limitless.
  13. Playful Pony

30-sec timer on logout while in the field, instant when at a warpgate or the deployment menu, just like in nearly all MMORPGs. I haven't personally seen this a lot, but if it is considered a problem the fix I suggest is very simple and doesn't inconvenience your average player much at all. You can then chose to force-log, but your character will then remain in the game for the 30 second duration regardless, so if you disconnect you'll still get killed and your enemy will still get points.
    • Up x 1
  14. sigur

/suicide is always the faster way, in my experience
    • Up x 1
  15. Cowabunga

The redeploy mechanic should not be balanced around solo-play. If someone avoided you, deal with it. It's just one kill. Yes they have medics and they work to keep people up but if I as platoon leader ask everyone to regroup at the WG i expect everyone there within 30 seconds. That means that medics also should be redeploying that instant.

Since you write "them" about outfits I guess your the solo-player?
  16. Cowabunga

I don't expect to punish people for regrouping. Redeploy works fine as is, w/o there being a penalty.
  17. HellasVagabond

Sorry but PS2 is not a game that revolves around squads and platoons, it's a MMO which revolves around individual players so everything Should be first about the individual and then about squads and platoons. I am not going to lose plenty of kills, kills for which i spent time just so a platoon or squad can regroup to another part of the map in 10s. Besides if you want everyone to be in a place within 30s then the Redeploy function could take 20-30s and not 10s like it takes now. That MAY fix some of the issue i've been seeing. Although in all likelyhood they used Logout, it's a lot faster just to avoid getting killed.
  18. MFP_TK_01

redeploy and log should be treated as 2 separate issues, try not to group them in the same category please.

As for logout the solution is easy. Taken from EVE online, when logging out the player is logged out immediately but the avatar remains in game for an additional 30 seconds. If the avatar is aggressed the timer is increased until the aggression is removed or the avatar is killed/destroyed.
  19. Cowabunga

You're obviously playing the wrong game if THAT is your honest opinion. The entire essence of planetside is squad/platoon play.
  20. MrForz

Congratulations, you 'killed' an ennemy and got him to take more time respawning.