[BUG] [Emerald] Vehicles Randomly Exploding

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Daigons, May 16, 2017.

1. FLHuk

If these people had to remake an account after a few mins of gaming all of a sudden their version of "fun" is looking less attractive.

This game should always have had the community on board and actively helping to rid these assistant users FAST!
  2. Movoza

The art of banning hackers isn't always acting immediately. Sometimes you wait for a detected hack to get traction, people might even pay for it and the service grows, at which time you'll come down heavy and permaban the lot and all iterations after, showing the hack is unreliable. You do this several times, sometimes banning immediately, sometimes taking much longer to respond to keep the hackers guessing.

The hackers will put time in their product, think it works and try to expand it as well as spread it. The moment you kill every (new) hack you detect immediately, the hackers will often start a lot of small test balloons to see what sticks and what doesn't. So their tactic shifts and they are immediately sure if a hack works or if it doesn't. If it works, they'll be very creative in abusing it for hacks and it is more difficult for the anti-abuse mechanisms to detect it.

So in one situation you have a small breeding ground where hacks can be created and used for a time and even several iterations. The hackers aren't sure what caused the hack to be detected and if it was detected from the start. All hacks are therefore unreliable and cheaters are being caught as they use the unreliable hacks, making the working hacks less used overall.

In the other situation you kill all hacks you get immediately, the hackers will be able to find out what works and what doesn't in a relatively short time and be sure what works. They also don't waste time on creating already detected hacks, perfecting and expanding their good hacks.

---------------

Only if you have hardly any weaknesses, your detection for new hacks is swift and accurate and you're very confident you can keep it that way, ban immediately. In all other cases banning after a few days or a week, allowing some alterations as well to make them guess what was detected.

For the players annoying, but in the long run much better.
  3. FLHuk

During which period of time the victims, those paying in cash and or time, may have walked.
    • Up x 1
  4. Daigons

Don't forget about players who purchased short duration Boosts that are ticking away.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kaylim

My concern is Daybreak is ignoring this. Not good management.
  6. stalkish

Thanks for that drivel.
    But i was referring, (and i thought id made this pretty clear.........) to the posters who come into threads like this and say:
    'Never seen a hacker in 4 years playing'
    or
    'No 1 hacks on planetside, who would bother'
    or
    'Only ever seen a couple of blatant hackers, could count them all on 1 hand)

I dont give a **** if you can identify hackers from 1000m out just by scrolling over their dorito with your cursor, i really couldnt give 2.......

Ill ask again, where are the posters who deny the existance of all hacks in planetside 2? Whats their 'reason' for this one then??
  7. Zentoco

I'm one, just canceled my yearly subscription. Been yo-yo'd with this game since closed beta. I want to love it, I want to keep paying to support it, but when the perception is the company doesn't give a rats behind about us other than money, I'm done. Perception is key, regardless of what is actually happening, especially if you don't give any information to the player base, each person will contrive what they think is happening. Sometimes they'll hang in there, sometimes they won't. I hope I'm in the minority, but I can't justify giving any more money in the game's current state. I can wish the game gets things under control in one hand and snap a deuce in the other, we all know what fills up first.

Prove me wrong DBG. Seriously, prove me wrong, I want to keep p(l)aying. (yes, I know it's f2p and can still play, that's not remotely the point).
    • Up x 1