Emerald TR: Getting Destroyed Everywhere

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jolanar, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Jolanar

Title says it all. What the hell can I possibly do when every fight just seems like a one-sided slaughterfest? TR doesn't excel at anything it seems.
  2. doombro

You can start by finding a good outfit and familiarizing yourself with teamwork on the squad level. My outfit rolled around the map wrecking most of the fights we went to tonight. Had a great time, some of us making nearly a thousand certs in one night.
    • Up x 15
  3. Jolanar

There is no real cohesion in any TR outfit on Emerald. Not to mention almost always underpopped. You have no idea how frustrating this is getting. I can't enjoy this game anymore.
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

Organization even when underpopped can do wonders.
    • Up x 9
  5. WyrdHarper

What are you talking about? Esamir tonight was super-organized and coordinated between BGE and was a lot of fun. 903rd was all over the place with some really fun, clutch point holds and aggressive galaxy play, despite only having two squads all night. The server was full to bursting tonight, and TR seemed to be doing pretty well--and pops were relatively even across the board (with VS being slightly lower than everyone).

If you're getting farmed and slaughtered, I'd look more to your own platoon leaders--not the faction.
    • Up x 9
  6. LIKE A BOSS!

Op must follow the mindless zerg or something. The TR do pretty good during single continent alerts.
    • Up x 1
  7. DatVanuMan

You just won the alert on Indar today. What you are saying is illogical.
    • Up x 1
  8. Keldrath

AOD
  9. doombro

Speak for yourself. IRNG, HSTL, DD12, QPRO, and RMAR would all like a word with you. And that's just the Waterson outfits. SVO, BRGL, 5RB, etc. No shortage of highly tight knit cohesive outfits. And that's just the infantry-specialized groups. We also have excellent vehicle play from groups like ECUS.

I suppose being in a minimum-competency outfit helps to skew your opinions greatly. I've never seen more than 3 or 4 AOD members in one place.
    • Up x 8
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

The irony of this statement.
    • Up x 4
  11. Xocolatl

All you can do against a massive push is to group up, and brace for impact.

We were pushing the VS right into their base, when suddenly we had 10 libby's and half a dozen magriders creeped up on us. Camping a bunch of people inside of spawn room is easy. Fighting back 10 Libs plus a platoon of Magriders that just spawned out of nowhere is an entirely different thing.

When you are faced with extreme difference in number, you can't do much. But if somehow you can rally the team together (usually you need a strong Outfit to get that going), then counterattack is very much possible.
  12. Salous

Once you get tired of zerging and getting owned in AOD, send me a tell in game. The Cohort [xCOx] is the new kid on the block for TR on this server. I'm sure you would like what we offer. However, we're not currently recruiting. We should be opening recruiting back up in a week or so.
    • Up x 2
  13. Plunutsud pls

Call BCP.
    • Up x 5
  14. Jolanar

Well, i'm glad at least one person had something constructive to say. But I guess I shouldn't have expected much from forumside. Contrary to what you may believe, I am not a bad player who only tries to fight in zergs and uses less than half of a brain cell to play. I have yet to find a constructive outfit that puts strategy into all of their movements. The moment one presents itself I will more than happily consider joining.
  15. doombro

You've given us no reason to believe otherwise. You've certainly got no place to criticize the rest of TR outfits for not being "constructive", while being in the least constructive outfit on the server. Every fight being a "one-sided slaughterfest" sounds like a personal problem. My outfit's single squad had no problem sending entire platoons packing tonight. All it took was teamwork and awareness of objectives. If the enemy rolls in a sunderer, call it out and take it out.

The best advice I can offer you is to stop fighting VS. At times, they're organized to the point where it damages the experience for everyone else. Don't give them the pleasure of a fight if they're that focused on completely steamrolling their opposition.
    • Up x 6
  16. Lucerin_SolTech

Man, Profirix, AOD isn't horrible, but there are better outfits that will reward you with fun based on what you are saying. Join one that you can run with that makes a difference consistently. You may not be able to see right now why everyone is making those comments, but when you join a good outfit, please revisit how you feel today.
    • Up x 4
  17. IberianHusky

What are you talking about? TR has been doing great these past few days. Today we roflstomped the NC and VS on Esamir and that was with mostly even pop. There was a ton of coordination between the TR's outfits as well. Tonight I can recall multiple times where HNYB worked alongside 903 and 382 to stomp the opposition.
    • Up x 2
  18. IrishPride

OP, just remember: Every Dog has their day be patient and learn the mechanics more and then start your own outfit and get organized the way you want it, believe me man there are days i just don't wanna play PS2 anymore i play TR mostly i love all factions quite frankly you will get there eventually to that level if you seem this dedicated to having a discussion about it, it's only a game just have fun! Just don't get angry or frustrated and yes losing sucks (and so did auraxing dat TRAC-5Burst) stay frosty this fight is all but won ;) !.
  19. PurpleOtter

Getting farmed is a personal choice...if you don't like that flavor of gameplay...go somewhere else! Lot's of choices on the unlocked continents...
    • Up x 1
  20. Arghy

Man today was awesome--thrashing you guys repeatedly on the left lane of hossin hahaha. The problem is the class of players, you were facing off against a platoon+2 squads of GOKU and a few other coordinated outfits. On average the VS players will kill 2/3:1 but on this case you were facing off against 3-4:1 players. When i wasn't so focused on trying to get kills from the ravenous VS hordes around me i noticed how fellow VS players were acting smartly passively doing the right things and not making mistakes.

We held you off with 2:1 odds and kept getting pushed off the point but once the pops evened out you just got steam rolled every time. Only late into the night after you lost the 4th base in a row with even pops did VS begin to over pop because in typical TR fashion you all quit. It was hilarious to see a platoon of TR sitting at a base they couldn't cap while we capped your adjacency.

Hint, when you dont see GOKU maxes its because we got a good PL on and 2 hours into that bloody slog not a single GOKU had infantry resources to spare. You faced a platoon of pure infantry which means you are screwed because we were in pure farm mode.