Emerald latency issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Quiiliitiila, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Quiiliitiila

So, I get mixed reactions from most people I speak with on Emerald. For the past two or so weeks I've been having some serious latency issues. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, anything from sitting in an abandoned facility to fighting in a 48v48, my connection is always either "poor" or "bad".

I NEVER used to have problems with my connectivity. EVER. The issues started (as I said) a few weeks ago, a month at the most. Some other players on Emerald say that they're having similar issues as well, but some people tell me they're fine.

So, I guess I'm asking if this is undoubtably an issue on my end? Or are there some ongoing problems with Emerald that are being addressed?

Thanks!
    -Q
  2. STEALTHKILL

Yeah, for the past few days all I get is "Bad" for connection the entire game; I have not been able to really play at all because of this. Before a few days ago I was fine and never had connection issues.
  3. JarinArenos

Just to dilute confirmation bias in responses... my connection's been pretty solid.
  4. SierraAR

99% of the time, my connections 'good' - About 125-130 ms ping. Every now and then, it'll randomly jump to being 'bad' and say about 600-700 ms ping, everything desyncs, people in teamspeak start talking about flying sunderers, and then suddenly everything goes into warp speed as it resyncs, and everything's back to normal.
    • Up x 1
  5. Quiiliitiila

My connectivity had started to get better, but just this morning it was all out of whack again. I really don't know what the problem could be :(

It seems to be in spurts too, like I'll be fine and then all of a sudden people are walking through walls, hit detection doesn't even exist and vehicles that should not be flying are soaring overhead. Then after a few seconds it's back to normal only to repeat itself after about a minute or less.
  6. J0hnTitor

Same here!! NEVER had any connection issues, and now my connections is apparently "POOR" all of a sudden, and the lag is awful! Why Emerald WHY!!!
  7. M4gn1

Not only emerald. Other server are having the same problem. High ping(250+ instead of 50 - 70) bad connection and with that not being able to cloack, spawn, access stuff switch weapons etc.
  8. RobotNinja

Yeah. Not just Emerald either. And I never had these problems before, not since Closed Beta save for a few bad patches...although...looking at you most recent bad patch. Wink. Wink.
  9. rydogg1

My connection states "GOOD," but I've seen the lag fluctuate from say around 50+ ms to 200+ ms in large fights. Also large FPS stutter and drops.

My KD has gone from 1+ to around .5 since August 12th patch. I'm running 75/75 MBps fiber connection at home and a SLI Intel based PC.

This was not happening before the resource patch. I think I'm quitting playing until it gets fixed.