[Emerald] AOD FLED THE TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Ballto21

ALL AOD LEADERS WENT NC PERMANENTLY

Can someone confirm? Im sorry TR.
  2. Hatesphere

I have seen a lot of AODnc outfit tags lately, so it might be true. Poor NC has to deal with that zergfit, might help them win a few alerts though. Some say they are just splitting ops, so every other ops night they go NC. i cant confirm since I dont roll AOD>
  3. 00000000000000000000

Wait, the largest outfit changed to the largest faction on the server?

This just makes me think they are purposefully trying to sabotage Emerald server.
  4. ColonelChingles

Sorry TR?

Don't you mean "Sorry NC"?

After all, if this is true the NC are the ones that will have to deal with AOD now! :p
    • Up x 12
  5. Ballto21

Sorry both.

If the majority of aod follows and goes nc, thats a huge chunk of tr population that goes to an already high pop faction
  6. Tommyp2006

I for one am actually quite happy about this. They aren't shifting over full time, they are alternating OP nights, but every full time member of the outfit will be running NC that night. I just want to know which nights so I know when to play NC and when to play TR for maximum farm.

Now I don't have to switch to my NC alt to stomp on AOD.
    • Up x 5
  7. Ballto21

i think every other day is nc night (monday tr)

this is all second hand though
  8. MajorMisfire

HMMM seems like a conflict of interest... I mean all of them on teamspeak giving away vital information?? Not good and I call them traitors!!!
  9. Selrahc4040

Let me dispel this, before the rumors get out of hand.

AOD, or the Angels of Death is a TR (and now NC) zergfit on Emerald. They rely more on strength of numbers than individual skill to achieve their goals, and are looking to provide a training ground for new players. Just recently, they've decided to work on expanding their recruitment base to the NC, by way of an alternate outfit - AODN. This will split their two op nights, one of them spent aiding the armies of the republic, the other performing treason with the rebellion. They will not be fully partial to either faction, although some of their members will.

Reddit Thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/EmeraldPS2/comments/338kg1/psa_angels_of_death_the_next_chapter/

Personally, I'd be more concerned about ECUS. Those guys are scary.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jake the Dog

I'm happy as long as they stay away from the VS. However now the TR lost 90% of its pop and is losing alot. Meanwhile, now they're dragging down NC with how terribad most of them are. (there are quite a few good players in AOD, serversmash proved that ie: the reaper div.)

I've heard that AOD hates it when people mention making players better. I don't know how bringing 96+ to a 12-24 is good though tbh. Or maybe gal dropping one at a time at a heavily defended base, the certs were good that day. I honestly think AOD is degrading the community and promoting bad gameplay with overreliance on huge numbers, but I main VS atm and tend to laugh when AOD appears anyways.
  11. BlueSkies

RIP Emerald NC
  12. JudgeNu

^ A VS talking about degrading the community. ( well I see though you are a new VS )
    I would argue VS have done enough for all factions in that regard by exploiting anything OP. ( pre-nerf PPA, ZOE, etc. )
    As well as the trash talk, adding insult to injury. ( but this has mostly subsided. )
    Also I would argue anyone who plays the game strictly to "farm" hurts the community as well as overall gameplay.
    As far as Zerging goes everyone does it eventually, especially during an alert where time is a factor.

There are bad players on all Factions.
    VS just happens to have a concentrate of some of the better players playing as a team...mostly because of the pre-nerfs stated above and also the advantages it has for the PvP MLG types.

Who gives a rats *** at this stage in the game whether AoD is playing NC every other night.
    iirc VS stated they were also going to play NC and also they have TR alts as well.

I hate the VS, for obvious reasons.
    But I think they seem to realize though, as well as others in this game that GAMEPLAY > Farmplay, hence the actual necessity to help balance the pops.
    Whether or not anyone realizes it.
    Farming players just runs people off from the game.
    Sure it can happen, but the purposeful mindset of farming is hurting the game, and causing it to be stale.

I don't see NC being the overpopped faction but I wont argue.
    AoD sending some to play NC, may not help the matter, but I don't see it hurting much.
    Ill go play my TR.
    I think some VS will too, but when it comes to all the buddies logging in to get their "MLG" time in I am sure we will know.
  13. Wargrim

This is too good to be true. Imagine the reduction in teamkills on the TR. And the horrible, horrible damage to NC.

But even if the leaders switched, which i dont believe until i see it, i HIGHLY doubt that such a mega Zergfit would be able to convince a significant portion of its grunts to switch over to NC. If that actually happened, you would see a clear shift in populations. But way more likely in case of AOD leadership collapse would be that the mass of grunts would be absorbed by the other large(er) TR outfits.
  14. pascalli

Got rolled just now by a 96+ AOD NC group at the crown vs 24 TR defenders on Emerald. I was never a AOD member on TR but appreciated all they did for TR pushes especially during the late night game play. Now that they are all running NC on Emerald, the TR late nights are pretty much going to be dead.

:(
  15. pascalli

If you think AOD did more teamkilling than positive things for the TR, then you are insane. You may dislike AOD for personal reasons, but with them switching factions you have to see as bad news for Emerald TR or your just an idiot.
  16. CNR4806

It looks like the sorry will have to go to the VS too. They would be indirectly affected by the sudden appearance of a larger-than-ever NC zerg.

Conclusion: Sorry Emerald, unless you're AoD.
  17. Wargrim

They certainly did more teamkilling on me than any other TR. And i would argue that they did little good for the TR overall. IMHO, Watersons TR was at its best after a period of low population, and at its worst after a period of complete overpop dominance. VS has always been the ones with the lowest pop on Waterson, which resulted in them being the best fighters overall because they had to be. On Emerald, out of the large Zergfits of all 3 factions, IMHO AOD has done the worst job of bringing its size to bear, or helping its members to become better fighters.
  18. Ballto21

Im not exactly sure what youre getting at here, then again im tired as ****. stay with me here.

I think youre on about the VS MLG turbo spergs ruining gameplay by sperging, and getting flustered (couldnt think of a less insulting sounding word) that a vs main is bringing this up.

NC is usually between slightly overpopped during primetime (about2-5% more) to high overpop (10-20% more) and anywhere in between, and nothings really wrong with this itll happen, but the point is if its not just alternating ops night (as i have heard SECOND HAND) and its a more permanent move taking some time to happen and trandfer, thats anywhere between 700 and the, what, 3000 people in AOD moving to an already slightly to highly overpopped faction, from the lowest pop faction on the server, does not bode well for emerald tr or vs, then again maybe some nc will abandon ship from aod to tr and itll fix itself.

Also read this. Remember everything i personally say comes second hand. People know more than me and actual members obviously know much more than those others who know more than me.
  19. pascalli

Waterson? Thats 2014, this is 2015 man. Waterson is dead. You can't keep thinking about the state of TR, VS or NC during Waterson after the server merged. Yes NC was tops at the end of Waterson, TR was king before that and VS never really took off on Waterson but that server is dead man, this is Emerald, a whole new ball game. The Waterson populations mean nothing here. VS started off as top pop on Emerald and it has since leveled out but with AOD going NC, Emerald is going to become a heavy NC pop server. Yes VS were tough fighters on Waterson but this is a totally different amount of overall population.

I dare say that TR population 20 out of 100 on Waterson alerts will seem different than 200 out of 1000 on late night Emerald alerts. Pop isn't everything but it means more in the larger server. A lower pop could defend better during alerts on Waterson than they can in the new Emerald Era.

There is no way that the teamkilling that AOD did to you Wargrim surpasses the good they did for TR overall. I know you may dislike AOD apparently but saying that 1,000 folk switching over to NC suddenly is good for TR is just crazy talk.
  20. ronjahn

Last night sucked on Emerald. NC had about 45% pop, but hardly squeezed out an alert victory by like 1%

On top of that by the end of the session, 6 different AODn members sacrificed their selfs to my GodSAW by running right through me while firing.

Go back to TR is wasnt fun while it lasted.