EM1 vs NS-15M

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SeraphC, Aug 12, 2014.

1. SeraphC

The damage profile on these guns is almost the same. The EM1 has slightly better ROF and Muzzle velocity. The ADS stats are also pretty much the same. Both have the same ammo type selections.

The EM1 has a clip size of a 100 bullets, the NS15M only has 55. The reload on both guns scales to match the magazine size. I think we can all agree that larger magazine sizes are better than shorter reloads.

The NS-15M has much better hip fire stats, however the EM1 has access to and Advanced Laser Sight, where the 15M can only equip a regular laser sight. Does this compensate for the difference in stats?

Which do you prefer and why? Are both outclassed by the higher ROF Vanu and TR guns?
  2. Bankrotas

3. lilleAllan

I haven't used NS-15M but it can't be any worse than EM1.
  4. Arklancer

The NS-15M is amazing at headshot chaining and the em1 is just the nc version of a rhino, Which is a very meh gun at best. I would pick the NS-15M in this case.
  5. Bankrotas

Rhino least has attachments for it's role, unlike EM1.
  6. cruczi

The only reason to use EM1 is if you use Ext mags and like to spray for ages without reloading. Though even then the EM6 is just better as it also holds 200 rounds with Ext mags at a higher damage tier. I'd much rather have EM6 than NS-15M just because of the sheer difference in damage output, Max. DPS 1670 vs 1490, min. DPS 1430 vs 1302, and the min. range is longer by 10 meters. Em6 also has slightly better horizontal recoil.

Alternatively, Anchor, the same DPS as EM6 but oriented for closer ranges and has SPA like the NS-15M.
  7. cruczi

Rhino is the longer range version, they both have attachments for their intended role. Rhino has HVA, EM1 has SPA. Rhino has adv. grip, EM1 has adv. laser. EM1 has faster reload, Rhino has lesser vertical recoil.
  8. Jogido

I kinda like the EM1 a little better between the two...but the NS-15 is a bit more mobile with .75 movement adv and it is versatile in configuring a weapon you want (don't forget that the NS-15 has access to HVA).

For NC options, the NS-15m has the best hip fire COF with regular laser (tied with the Anchor with Adv laser). The Em1 was hit pretty hard with the laser nerf and even with adv laser it doesn't seem worth it.
  9. Bankrotas

I disagree. They are both low dps, higher TTK weapons with lowish recoil with one of best muzzle velocities in the game which leads both guns to be Medium to Long range weapons, while EM1 has attachments meant for closer range (SPA and ALS is useful for up to 20 meters, if starting CoF is decent enough to use damn ALS, which on EM1 isn't)
  10. Scorponok

i tried the NS-15M...ended up going for aux on it...its great...sure beats the EM1 for me atleast...some of it is because of what Bankrotas said a few posts above..
  11. Vikingo

I prefer EM1 over the NS-15M, feels better to use it, the 100 round magazine helps with the lmg feel. I auraxiumed the EM1 and am now using the NS-15, just after 200 kills or so I already feel like throwing this pos in the garbage.

They might be similar and the preference might just be in my head but the EM1 worked like a LMG while NS-15M just feels like a soft air gun for me.

I will use it some more to get a better feel for it but right now I think of the NS-15 as a bad purchase and a waste of SC and database space.
  12. Scorponok

funny i would rather toss the EM1 in the trash :D it only goes to show how different people are..and weapons cant always be messured by a few people.
  13. Renuse

The NS-15m is an amazing medium-long range lmg. IMO I prefer the quick reload over the mag size cause you get sloppy spraying everywhere. As for the attachments, you dont really want to be straying from what the weapon is good at, in the 15m's case thats headshots. So put all your attatchmets into ADS and use it when its a good choice for the fight your in. Remember theres not really a gin thats great for everything.

Also the recoil pattern of the NS weapons is much better and easiernto handle imo cause pulling down isnt that tough. As well as the cross factnio skill set. NS ftw.
  14. Gamingroach

My Experience with the EM1 is more of a suppressive role weapon, while its TTK is worse than the EM6 at range, I find it useful to suppress enemy positions and choke points which eventually rewards by lots of assist points and random kills of those that get caught in the line of sight. For a 100-200 round magazine, the EM1 is one of the fastest in reload time LMG in the game. Shortcoming of the EM1 is that it becomes a peashooter at range beyond 40 meters when taking enemy nano weave armor into account & also not competitive alone when going against a TR Heavy wielding a CARV.

The NS-15M I see it more of a precision weapon as I tend to favor it at ranged engagements thanks to its low rise in cone of fire in burst and full auto, even though its Damage Per Second is comparatively low to other faction specific LMGs. Its a great weapon for starters thats looking to keep their distance with accuracy in mind. Feels like an assault rifle with extended mags when you get a feel for it.

Both weapons are apple and oranges but great IMO, I often switch between the two when the situation demands it.
  15. Bankrotas

Quick question, did you auraxium EM1 before or after the hipfire nerf, cause I did before and can't use that gun anymore at any range viably GSS is better than it then.
  16. Regpuppy

All, or at least most (looking at you, baron and MKV), NS infantry weapons are actually pretty decent mid to long range weapons while still being somewhat usable at close range. In spite of usually having the lowest rof they actually feel really good, have fast reload times, easy recoil pattern(one of them invisible stats) and they're laser accurate.

EM1, on the other hand, just feels bad. You either get headshots or you die. There's not much in-between on it. The extremely small bump in rate of fire and mag size aren't enough to compensate when compared to the NS LMG. The velocity difference isn't worth mentioning either.
  17. Moz

The EM1 is supposed to function as a lane control / suppression type weapon...... trouble is its not even the best NC choice for that so it really has no spot at the moment.

I guess its cheap though... :rolleyes:
  18. Vikingo

I did my first 500 kills or so before the hipfire nerf back in the day when the gun cost 1000 certs, but even then I thought the hipfire was useless as I got my newb @ss handed to me every time I tried to hipfire. I ended up using it for midrange with foreward grip until I got the anchor. I came back to the EM1 after they buffed the bullet velocity and improved the recoil(?), and found the last 700 kills to be easy and enjoyable, I still only used 1x reflex, forward grip and SPA.

IDK, people either hate it or love it, I guess same as the NS-15M. Several of my oufit members have commented on the ease of use and controllabilty of the EM1 since its mid range buff, I see it being used more and more amongst higher BR mates.