Ejection seat bug NOT fixed? C'mon...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EViLMinD, Oct 30, 2014.

1. EViLMinD

Too many times I've escaped death by wheeling my Harasser to a safe potion so I can hop out and perform repairs ONLY to die to this mofu-ing bug. Up I go... and then... splat.

:mad:

SOE devs, why haven't you fixed this yet? What could possibly be hindering you. It should have been fixed a month ago. Can you PLEASE address this? (or can someone point me towards when and where SOE has)

I love Harassers. They are my fave thing in the game. But, I'm really sick of getting killed by this bug. So not cool. Shame on you people. Really. You're killing me. Literally and figuratively.
    • Up x 4
  2. Schizomatic

I believe there's a post about this on the Gameplay Bugs section of the forums. And, yeah, that's annoying as hell when you're jumping out of a Flash to try and C4 an MBT. One useless splat.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lewk

I'm not going to lie, this bug is just outright embarrassing. I am currently trying to recruit other programmers from work, and can you imagine what it is like trying to explain "Oh yea, being launched out of your vehicle to your death when you exit is just a bug... that has been around for months... no no, this is a really good game, i promise! "
    • Up x 6
  4. Schizomatic

I'd like to know if it's a feature of the vehicle's inertia or a bug that vehicles will keep moving in the last direction you were pressing your movement hotkey after you've hopped out. So many Flash that I've tried to quickly brake to a stop for repair, only for the Flash to go flying a half-mile in reverse. And you know you've seen the dead-man throttles on Flash when their driver is killed. Some of them do some really funny stunts without a driver.
  5. Scatterblak

At least fix the 'SUICIDE - Stop Killing Yourself' message attached to your mistakes, SOE. If it said 'Oooops, we're working on it', you'd probably have less annoyed people in the forums.
    • Up x 1
  6. EViLMinD

This bug has probably killed me 50 times by now. Unacceptable.

On another note...
    I'd like to see tks and suicides removed from KD, but that ain't gonna happen.

Anyway...

FIX THE BUG, SOE.
  7. Lewk

More deaths tonight. Higby Please!
  8. FateJH

Normally, when you exit a Vehicle, the game never puts you exactly at the altitude you would need to be to be standing flat on the ground, as that risks dangerous collision detection. Instead it drops you just very slightly above the ground and lets you make a short descent, one that you barely even notice most of the time. (Flying Vehicles are not much different.)

Unless a previous attempt to resolve the bug lead to a different form of it, I believe there are actually two bugs manifesting here. The first does actually eject you from the Vehicle and tosses you up and aside. The second is a deviation of the above behavior and merely places you somewhere high above the Vehicle when you leave it, letting you freefall normally. I've encountered both of these behaviors.
  9. ronjahn

I know it doesn't make up for the fact that the bug exists in the first place, but I have been using Safe Landing 3 while driving ground vehicles and I haven't died to this bug in quite awhile.
    • Up x 1
  10. EViLMinD

I just started using that too. Surprised I didn't think of it sooner. Still, I prefer mine detection when I'm a wheelman.
  11. Yuki10

Stop trying to apply sense to this game. It is working as intended.
  12. Hicksimus

Maybe if they can't fix it they should just go back to the old Planetside days when entering/exiting a vehicle wasn't done by casting teleportation spells from Skyrim.
  13. TriumphantJelly

This bug saved my life yesterday, soooo.... :confused: