Either ZOE needs nerfed, or TR max needs buffed

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Pat Cleburne, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Pat Cleburne

End of story.

Taking a TR max toe to toe with a ZOE max is suicide. ZOE is still ridiculously overpowered in comparison to TR maxes. Even level headed VS agree with that.

It's become just silly that every VS/TR battle ends up in nothing but ZOE crash/spam that has no counter other than over running them with population. Even if you manage to kill one, they just get insta revived.

I would seriously like to see some current comparison stats since the last nerf they received.
    Because frankly, where I sit, they are still overpowered as hell.
    • Up x 10
  2. IamDH

Ummm
    There was this blue thing called the NC MAX
    How about you help him before putting him even FURTHER behind other MAXes
    Solution: NS Midrange weapons
    and no, you don't get shotguns
    • Up x 9
  3. LowTechKiller

NOT "end of story."

Why does it have to be either-or? I vote for both.
    • Up x 3
  4. ih8Darian2

Fighting TR infantry is suicide, I suggest they make TR guns shoot tiny potatoes (tiny potatoes are still OP, but I'll accept it for the sake of balance).
    • Up x 7
  5. CrashB111

The most irritating thing about it is that they took the TR MAX ability from Planetside 1, slapped a movement buff on it, and gave it to VS.

They had to give us Overdrive in Planetside 1 solely because Anchor Mode was a piece of situational garbage, then they repeat the same mistake in Planetside 2 and give us Anchor again even though it has been proved to be worthless.
    • Up x 18
  6. FrontTowardEnemy

Last night, playing as TR, we had quite a few VS bottled up in a biolab spawn room. They tried to push out with a buch of MAXes with Engie/Medic support. Me and a few other Light Assault troops cut them to shreds in about 30 seconds. I use my ZOE MAX like it's an HA- meaning I treat it like it has the EHP of a regular infantryman. It melts in two seconds under anything other than light small arms fire. And don't even get me started on C4 and MANA turrets...
  7. Pat Cleburne

I don't play NC, I can't fight your fight for you.
  8. Van Dax

The most irritating thing was that they didn't give us the ability we wanted and we even attempted to boycott it and they released it anyway and it became a total fourth faction disaster. We tried to stop it from being implemented, none of the other factions helped and now you got to deal with it.
    • Up x 4
  9. KnightCole

Omg no soe needs to stop with ns guns n work only on es guns.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pat Cleburne

Too add to that, they nerfed our mercy's. For what?
    • Up x 7
  11. CrashB111

Bullshat? I was against ZOE, as were most other TR and NC, as soon as it hit the PTS.
    We knew even before SOE put it in the game that it was a balance disaster since it was taking away the only weakness a MAX has, which is low speed and easy to outmaneuver.
    • Up x 11
  12. IamDH

Good point
    I said NS because TR/VS will cry like hell if they heard we had a good midrange option and start demanding shotguns
  13. CrashB111

Well duh, if you are getting a weapon that lets you fight at the ranges other MAX units do, TR/VS would need a weapon that lets them fight at ranges you already do.
    • Up x 2
  14. Van Dax

Say what you will but the VAST majority of the TR/NC community never gave a damn and only focused on their own things, when we said it couldn't possibly be balanced against the other abilities (every other ability being defensive and this being offensive) we were told to be happy with what we got and stop complaining. Seriously go back and look and you'll see none of the TR/NC outrage that you think there was.
    • Up x 1
  15. IamDH

Yes, thats why i said NS
  16. IamDH

@OP
    No, not until TR toys are fixed
    ZOE and Saron are the few things VS had going for them and they both got nerfed
    TR has a good group of OP stuff
    • Up x 6
  17. Pat Cleburne

It was insanely OP when it was released, SOE adjusted it, and while better than before, it's still very much over the top.
    Thankfully I'm to a point where I can pick my battles and not feed them certs anymore.
    • Up x 2
  18. CrashB111

Name something OP on the TR side.

If you say Vulcan, its your own bloody fault for getting close enough for it shred you.
    If you say Striker, lock ons are bugged as a group and are getting fixed so it isn't the weapon, but the game screwing you there.
    • Up x 2
  19. IamDH

You already named 2 and i could prove you wrong but just look at a striker/vulcan thread instead
    You also forgot the fracture btw
    • Up x 1
  20. EliteEskimo

I was hoping that they would give the VS MAX Jump Jets since they were fun in PS1, and also hoping to see a bunch of flying Lobsters going at my Prowler since it would be crazy fun to try and deal with:D . The most irritating thing about this for me was that I made a thread telling them not to give the TR Max Lock Down and instead some form of mobile increased ROF ability since people wouldn't like Lockdown in PS2 just like they didn't like it in PS1, it got triple digit likes, but SOE ignored that and did it anyways....

[IMG]
    • Up x 3