Earn the free Analyst Helmet

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Division

As of the last character reset/patch, i can no longer create a new character. Pressing the confirm button bounces me back to the select faction screen.
    I hope i have done enough to get the hat, because now its physically impossible for me to play.
  2. StateWaffles

Why can't they just tell us when the Helmet will be released rather than tell us how to get it? I'd really appreciate a freakin' date as to when I'd receive my beautiful Sci-fi Bike helmet...
  3. clone12TM

I would also like to know when the helmet is being released.. I've put about 10-15 hours testing directives with a squad. It's kind of disheartening to know you're working for something when you don't know what the guidelines are.
    • Up x 2
  4. Haru

Its giving me lua problems when i try to report a bug with /bug, how is this fixed o.e.?
  5. Strider1850

If I install the test server can i still get the analyst helmet or am I to late?
  6. Jinjo

It was implied that you have until the August update. Until then, get to testing!!
  7. SenEvason

So do we have an answer for how the reward will be handled for people that are unable to get into Test due to bugs?
  8. Jinjo

It seems like directive bugs were fixed (Sundie-deploys), but I didn't have much time to check it out today. Also it seems like the clipping-through-floor-upon-exit bug with the Crown North-AA-Turret was fixed, too.

It seemed like directives were updating properly as they were earned, too, or at least WAY MORE RELIABLY than in the last version.
  9. Scrum

great idea, to bad when you turn up on test people like ThaneKrios, Crisisbusiness tell you to leave because it's a private match on PUBLIC test. SO, on PUBLIC test, where does one go to test your crap when people team kill all the time?
    • Up x 2
  10. FugitiveTax53

Planet Side 2 is one of my favorite pc games. I would just love to have this helmet. When the requirements are posted, I will get started right away! Thanks for a great game :)
  11. TwoOfFive

The directives seem to be working fine. I am not a fan of the death respawn as you must hit esc to change your respawn point. I prefer the ability to choose the area to respawn. if we were to have the option to drop pod or respawn I would think that would be a viable option.
  12. Slash Hammer

We do flight trainings on test on a regular basis. While doing this we kindly (!) ask other players to stay away from that particular area and to not attack us. That's ok, I think. But - if they keep teamkilling you for no reason just report them. That should work as it does on the live servers.
  13. Akashar

Pics of the prize?
    • Up x 1
  14. Slash Hammer

15. Akashar

16. MothCock

I downloaded almost 10 GB to try the directives and supposedly win a helmet, okay but how am I gonna win it when my directives reset all the time? I lost 40 points and everyday half of my unfinished directives reset as well. I saw that requirements for winning aren't so high so I guess it's based on how much points you have from directives right? Or am I missing something o_O
  17. Haru

there was an update on the testing servers so dont worry about your directives as long as you were active on the testing server (besides just logging in) you still have a chance to EARN (not win) the Analyst Helmet. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/test-update-notes-7-29.195373/ <-- here is the patch notes
  18. MajiinBuu

Is it too late to earn the helmet?
    By "Station Name" do they mean our actual login username? I remember a while ago receiving xp boosts for my live character from playing on the test server, I just want to make sure.
  19. SG22V

It's not too late to get the helmet... it might end today. But anyways you need to login to Planetside 2 PTS with your Station Name and password.. not using your Station Name with your character name.
  20. FliegerPanzer

So anyone already got this cool helmet?