Earn Loyalty, CLEAR AS MUD!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SilentSueRia, Jun 6, 2020.

1. SilentSueRia

Loyalty says you earn it by defending or capturing base points.
    That is about as direct as it gets.
    Doesn't say if any enemies have to be present or not.
    Doesn't say if those enemies have to be killed or not.
    Doesn't say if those enemies have to be in an outfit, or squad or platoon or not.
    So is loyalty broken?
    Cause I have taken bases with no one there. Taken Bases with opposing personal in it. Taken bases with enemy outfit there AND STILL NO LOYALTY!
    So am I just bugged?
  2. Liewec123

Stick with it, I know it's really weird,
    I was playing a few night back, helped to cap a base, 3rd on the leaderboard, stuck around to the end, no merit.
    It was the same for all of the base caps and defends for awhile, top 10 contributer to caps and defends, no merit.
    and then suddenly i started getting merit again.

I don't know why this happens but it does seem to work after a while.
  3. SilentSueRia

So a lot of people are having this weird problem where, it just doesn't work for awhile, then suddenly out of no where, it starts working?

Sounds like the Devs are doing something they know will get them bad PR. Holding their finger over the button, defaulting Loyalty to Disabled until they decide they like you. Won't tell you that is how they are doing things because they know the history of anyone who does things like that get bad rep and a horde of angry people complaining and/or rage quitting.
  4. Liewec123

i'm not sure if a lot of people are having it, but i do!
  5. Blam320

I've been earning loyalty and merit no problem; I believe it's tied to capturing or defending bases when there are other members of your outfit present.
  6. BadMannerKorea

7. Halfclick

The most reliable way I've found to earn loyalty/merit is to capture or defend bases that have at least a few enemies present. I'm not sure how many are required (perhaps around 3 to 6 enemies?), but I think if not enough enemies are in the area, you don't get the merit points. Personal contribution doesn't seem to matter as you can get the points even if you get there at the last second, and allied population feels like it doesn't matter as even travelling with a large zerg will usually work, as long as there's even a small group of enemies at the base too.