[Suggestion] Dynamic Population Caps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Blue_Shift

For each continent, does ps2 use static or dynamic? Is it only a max pop or does it change depending on how many people are on? I believe they should use Dynamic if they don't already. Tr gets to 40 percent at night and it gets ridiculous on Connery. I'm sure this is common on other servers and other times. Why not lower the cap for each continent during low pop times. I'm tired of one faction having 40 percent, and the others having 20-30 percent. This is especially concerning because non-zerg super squads cant really help win against a very unbalanced pop. Zerg wins. The Solution is to develop a formula based on the lowest pop faction to try and even it out as fair as possible. It needs to be dynamic because a population may spike and the cap needs to be adjusted.
  2. RedArmy

Planetside 1 had semi automated base defense turrets. it sure wouldnt help that much, but would be nice to help deter some of the population when they encounter illusionary resistance