[Suggestion] Dynamic conquering timer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sghignifiss, Aug 13, 2014.

  1. Sghignifiss

    What if the conquering timers of all bases depend on continental population of the faction owning the base?
    The lesser the continental presence of a faction, the longer will take to conquer a base owned by it.

    Let's say if a faction has around 33% of the population of a continent, timers to conquer its bases could stay like they're now. But if the same faction represents for example 10% of the total continental population, it would take much longer to conquer its bases. On the other hand, if the faction has 50%, 60% or more of the continental population, conquering its bases is much faster for the other two factions.

    With this mechanic we could on one hand slow down the ghostcapping process in less populated continents and on the other give a fair advantage to underpop factions.

    What do you think?
  2. andy_m

    Sounds okay I guess.

    I can't remember, but is this how it works in Battlefield?
  3. Sghignifiss

    I don't know, I never played it.