DX11: Proof of Prior Hackers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wolfborne, Apr 27, 2019.

1. MonnyMoony

I wonder how many people run hit box mods.

I had somebody take me down in two shots the other day using pump action shotgun from 35 metres out. Lucky shot - perhaps, but given the spread on such weapons, landing just one or two pellets is almost impossible at that range (no they didn't have slug ammo equipped either)
  2. Skraggz

Not sure, hard one to tell as even dbg didn't verify assets. My guess is if there was any cheating to be done it would be that rather then a third party as BE would most likely detect 3rd party. All speculation though, as I have not dug up stats on any players as I just dont care that much. Ran a 2.0kdr before patch and I'm at around a 3kdr now, on average.... maybe I just got better, or the fps help, or maybe all the newbs came back.. who knows.
  3. Towie

BE is not infallible - it won't 'detect' private cheats as it won't know the signature and indeed, can potentially be bypassed altogether.

What we have seen since the new PS2 update is a lack of the head hitbox modders who went just a bit too far (ok - sometimes very much too far - check some of the more recent threads). This will last until someone figures out the new asset format.
    • Up x 1
  4. 3Stan2112

Spotting, mainly. Also, anyone can run an app for crosshairs, so no one is at a disadvantage. The game should provide customizable crosshairs and make an optic-less 1x sight available. Until crosshairs are standardized across factions and zoom levels, the game isn't doing it right.
  5. 3Stan2112

The Big Brain Consortium needs to grasp this concept. Frames are so important in a shooter, especially one where rpm is tied to framerate. The increase in frames for the people who thought an unstable 30 fps was perfectly acceptable plus the reintroduction of old players and new players checking out the game leads to exactly the situation you're seeing.

Were there a couple guys running subtle hitbox hacks? Sure, we know there were based on stats, but this conspiracy theory that entire outfits and a large percentage of the playerbase were "cheating" is garbage, utter nonsense. The update which increased frames for a majority of players raised the skill floor a little bit. That's all.
    • Up x 1
  6. Skraggz

Then I think we as a player base should be asking for one and not relying on a 3rd party. I can think of one example of how you recieve an advantage over some one else without a crosshair. That's 3rd person view on a flash or in a cobalt and for a few tank scenarios. Not quit hip firing, at least I dont.
  7. 3Stan2112

The playerbase has been asking for one, and normalization of existing crosshairs, for a long time. Sure, 3rd person Flashing requires a crosshair in my mind. Running without one is silly. I will continue to use a 3rd party crosshair, whether it's RTST, PlayClaw, whatever until the devs say "No, you can't". Anyone that doesn't, that's their problem. If that's the hill they choose to die on, so be it. Seems counterproductive though.
  8. Skraggz

Oh I concur, I will not remove the program, but if the dev team says it's no longer supported I would delete it instantly.
  9. JibbaJabba

#1 what is missing is some decent analysis and posted data.

1. Chill. Wait a few weeks. You're trying to compare years of averages to a few days (if that) of game sessions.
    2. Pay attention to the right stats. A drop in HSR is going to be the most telling. Changes in KDR can be attributed to changes in the spawn system and a hundred other variables.
    3. Post some video if you see something fishy. Don't expect people around here to just take your word for it.

I'm betting some folks will drop in HSR. I'm looking forward to seeing it. BUT, I'm not gonna go into some hysterics and start leaping to incorrect conclusions at the drop of a hat.
    • Up x 1
  10. vonRichtschuetz

Only advantage you got from Recursion was an additional static crosshair marking the middle of your screen. Does a white dot in the middle of your screen help you focus your aim? Yes. Does it give you a hacking-like advantage? No. If you really think it will, just paint a dot in the middle of your screen and see how good you become.
    I'm not saying there aren't hackers, but it's for sure not Recursion.

I assume the main reason this game became a lot easier are loads of people coming back or starting to play. The amount of low-level characters I encountered since the patch is way higher than before - and I'm not talking about the robots.
  11. SilentSueRia

Has anyone actually done a deep dive investigation into the Recursion programming itself to see if it preforms any acts of collecting players data and sending that info somewhere? If no one has done that, the possibility remains that recursion itself could send special info to exclusive version and private servers that could relay information about player positions, even to the extent of sending that data to a secondary computer that isn't even running the game, allowing the possibility that players and outfits with this private version of recursion could have a second computer and monitor showing info on player positions that none of us would have.

One thing to be shooting radar darts, using scout radars on flashes and ANTs, but a 3rd part program with a public version that appears to only provide cosmetic changes that can send into to a private version with a special data collection server that can then distribute info to both the gaming computer and even secondary computers without the game on it at all. As much of a "conspiracy theory" as it sounds, due to the amount of resources and complication involved to make it happen, it is still well within the realm of possibilities, that it cannot be so easily discarded as mere tin foil hat ranting, so it shouldn't be disregarded either.

There is always a constant battle of fair players verse cheaters doing cat and mouse against each other in all things. If someone intends to cheat and can find a way to make an "apparent cosmetic mod" for public use, that leaches data to a private server for a private group to use as a tool to give them a covert advantage, they will do it, even if it is expensive and hard to accomplish. World history in of itself speaks to this happening.

Murphy's Law:
    "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance," or more commonly, "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."
    • Up x 1
  12. FrimslaXR

Relevant possibility is Relevant.
    Just because something is unlikely doesn't make it impossible.
    Ignoring it allows it a step closer to happening.
    Cheaters who wanna stay hidden that are guilty of the crimes always cry "tin foil hat," in order to peer pressure a victory threw emotional exploitation.
    • Up x 1
  13. SilentSueRia

There was one time I downloaded recursion a while back, the public version. Didn't tell anyone about it.
    One day while I was fighting, something weird happen. Someone came up to me and asked if I was "using mod?" I didn't say anything, but thought to myself, "what the h***?" I kept silent. The same person thanked me for "using mod."

That player should not have been able to know that I was using the public cosmetic version of recursion. So why did that player act so certain of it?

The player wound end up showing up near me a couple of times for the next couple of days after that as well, even when I was in some far off place out of the way of any battle or at a place I was fighting at. He and his friend would still run around on their own fighting stuff or occasionally drop a deplorable or construction or 2 before running off. But the fact that they showed up a few times with uncanny accuracy were real WTF? moments.
  14. Technologist

Your assumption is that the hack is Recursion. Recursion is not the hack but I find that most suspected hit-box hackers (using a different program) also have Recursion installed. I'm not talking about low BR guys that hop in for a day and mass kill everyone. I'm talking about guys ones here for years with insanely SPM, accuracy, 50-60+% Headshot rates, high KD and have alts for each faction.

Post some names of high SPM high KD players Recursion, 00 or whatever. I'm not asking for cheaters at all. Just good players and I'll tell you if their skills dropped since the update. Recursion is not a hacking program but you do get some advantages like the crosshair and the ability to quickly analyze each player you kill or visa versa to sum up how to execute your next kill on them. When I get killed by a 500-700+ SPM 5-7+ KD player I take a completely different approach to killing them as I'm expecting a posable hit-box hacker. Then I will kill them from the air or light tank. I have 6 alts with 15-22 K/D but my main alts are not that high. I intentionally hunt down these clowns. PPA Air-hammer or whatever. I have 30K+ air-hammer kills on one alt alone. https://ibb.co/YfHPx45
  15. SilentSueRia

Unfortunate I don't have names to give. That doesn't discredit the possibility though since this would be a programming investigation issue not a player kill count investigation question. You are asking me you give you something not relevant to the actual concern that was addressed.
  16. JibbaJabba

You need to make whatever your assertion is and be done with it. Figure out what crazy story you want people to believe and stop moving the goalposts.
  17. JudgeNu

Not sure but i dont see any of the names i would expect to see with the DX-11 update many have waited for.
  18. MichaelS

It’s just because of the crosshair overlay. There are cool custom overlays for snipers, tanks and whatever.
    It’s nothing that you can’t do with a drawing and a few test shots with the regular crosshair, but you just need to get used to it.
  19. Ender

I forgot how much I loved threads like this
  20. adamts01

You think that's bad? Try getting killed with a default shotgun in 1 hit from 300m in an ESF. It's happened to me in probably half a dozen separate instances over 4 years. Always lowish BR, 20 something. Connery, which I shouldn't even have to mention.