DX11: Proof of Prior Hackers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wolfborne, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Wolfborne

Under DX9 and with the Recursion app, 00 players always seemed to "know" where you are, and always managed to kill very quickly with head shots. It's as if they were "assisted" by something. Then enters DX11...

The Recursion app is currently broken, and as a result I have noticed something: 00 players are not nearly as good as they normally are. That makes me wonder if their app is indeed a hack, and without it they are normal players that don't have any type of cheat advantage?!

I ask / wonder because I killed several of them today, and their play style seemed "off." Instead of being ultra aggressive and insta killing while coming around a corner, they were more reserved. It's almost as if they did not know what was around the next corner, and when confronted, they did not insta head shot. Their body count started piling up.

Two play styles observed: one when their app was working and they were way better than average, and now with their app broken, making them average and far easier to kill. Hmmm... ;)

The usual "defenders" need not respond. Something changed for those players and I can logically deduct what that change was.
    • Up x 10
  2. VeryCoolMiller

recursion give 0 advantages... it was only a cosmetic add on , developed with the support of dbc.
  3. MUTALISKUS

agree with you friend. we can not allow third-party programs to work in the game. !!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  4. Wolfborne

The public version is cosmetic. What if the outfit version was something different? All I know is that without their app, their skill level dropped considerably.
    • Up x 3
  5. Wolfborne

Uhm no. My observation was that without their app, the 00 players seemed to drop to average. That leads me to believe that the outfit version is a platform for cheats, because without it they were less skilled than normal.

The flip side is that if the app becomes compatible and those same players suddenly jump in skill level, that will confirm any suspicions. I say DBG leaves 3rd party apps out.
    • Up x 3
  6. MUTALISKUS

anybody can tell me ansver or my question &&& .my dark flashlight not worked in the game /what i need to do /then he works&&&&?777
  7. 0fly0

Couldn't agree more with you, in fact i post the same answer on different topic but yeah our "godlike" players from cobalt have just become regular players or even bad players for some of them it's so funny to watch how full of s they are...
    But i don't really see why it would be the recursion app for sure.
    They say since the new update they change the game files so you can't use hitbox hack, so in the same way they can't use wallhack either, the "wallhack" is a file modification that leave the spotting arrow on players permanent and that's why they know where you are, they just need to spot you once.

All we can do for no is watch how ridiculous they are until they find a new way to modify the file system...

It's funny to see how low the number of time i'm getting headshot is, i remember people becomming hs warrior in one day about one or two years ago and now they all become bad in one day too...

Where did your skill go people i wonder?
    A week ago all those players would win every scoreboard with 5x time more kill than everyone else and now they barely make it with the same number...
    Why not use reroll instead of making fool of themselve i don't understand, maybe they start to think it was their actual skill making them win :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  8. Eternaloptimist

Well I'm doing better than before but that could just be the DX11 speeding up my fps. I imagine that players who started out with previously good fps won't have seen as much difference whereas players with older machines (like me) are getting a noticeable boost - I think the economists call it the law of diminishing marginal utility.

But don't analyse it - just enjoy it :)
  9. ArtyIsBalanced

I was using Recursion and I can only say one thing: your theory is wrong. I used Recursion only for my crosshair overlay, and when I had the stat tracker on, this didn't give me any advantage. My KD on my different charakters is between 0.7 and 1.1, which is horrible. My KPM is below 1. Recursion has been used by the majority of players, it's just a cosmetic mod, not a cheat.
  10. Quimcity

It's very noticeable on Miller that all the usual players that you suspected of constantly cheating are now pretty average at best.
    I'm not sure why you picked on Recursion as the possible reason as there are many other cheats for the pathetic little children to use.
    I suspect most of these are no longer working since the patch so we are in a golden period where there are very few cheats around. I'm sure that won't last long and equally sure that DBG will do nothing to the ones I constantly report.

It's also noticeable that the whole clans who are known cheats have suddenly all but disappeared from the game. A number of the well known names from those clans are still around but now they are playing for a different clan and they are no better than me.
    Maybe they will switch back to their old clan name once their pathetic cheats are working again. Wouldn't want their clan stats to suddenly take a downward turn would they .

My K/D ratio has gone up considerably since the patch (was usually around 1.3, last few days it's been about 4) and I don't think any performance gains due to the DX 11 update are the reason. I only get about 60-80 fps now, was about 55-75 before. My amount of kills haven't gone up but my deaths due to some cheating child have gone down.

The one thing that has always stopped me from paying into this game has been the number of cheats. The performance before the patch was acceptable.
    I just wish they'd put the same effort into keeping the cheats out of the game as they did in the DX11/NS bots patch. It would only take one of DBG member to play on miller for a week or two on a regular basis to spot all the obvious cheating clans and do something about them. I've reported them countless times, but years on they are still there cheating their way to the top of the leader boards and fooling themselves they are good. Or more likely because they are pathetic and childish, it's the perverse fun of annoying other people that makes them do it.
  11. Beerbeerbeer

I haven’t seen a lot of the most notorious suspected hackers since the patch. Of course that doesn’t mean they’re not playing, but they typically gravitate to the same types of fights that I like and they’re not around as much.

Conversely, those few that I have seen aren’t anywhere near as good as they use to be. I’ve always concentrated on aimbot-type hacks, not paying much attention to ESP hacks, but god damn you’re absolutely right in that these people had an uncanny ability to know where you’re at and that goes a long way to getting an advantage. They don’t seem that smart anymore.

However, if you follow the same well-known cheat forum that I do, these buttheads are already starting to breakdown the pack files.

Edit: I want a ban wave. This patch is enough, imo, for DBG to act on suspected people who can bypass the file check system. Check the stats DBG, before and after and ***** ban these clowns.
  12. FLHuk

First one on DX11 a little bit back on Cobalt. Invis knife teleporter....

Expect the return of elite gods shortly :(
  13. DirArtillerySupport

I'm a little confused. How exactly is Recursion the outfit associated with the developer endorsed Recursion Stat Tracker? Are developers of the Recursion Stat Tracker members of this “Recursion” outfit? And they have their own outfit version of the stat tracker?
  14. 0fly0

Playing for 3 days since update and on cobalt i haven't see a single hacker, i'm pretty sure of that, it is golden age to enjoy the game, i also fail to cross some really blatant cheater from cobalt and yet they are playing every day but no news since the update, i guess they don't want to make fool of themselve like the other.

On my side the game feel amazing, better fps, all my shot seem to land, my ttk is amazing, i did get hate tell from all those "mlg players" this morning it was so funny to see how bad they are now...

I also notice some change against vs players, they tend to have switch from fast rpm gun to gun with unstable ammunition or shootgun.

So happy with this update right now, the effect are amazing, the game feel good and no more cheater, damn keep it that way and i may even buy comestic like the old time to keep it running!
  15. Wolfborne

I have mentioned it elsewhere that the app could have two versions: public and private. The public version gets you the overlay, voice call outs, stat tracking, etc. The private version gets you the cheats. All I know is that the 00 players that used to be "godlike" are suddenly just average. Recursion app is broken after DX11. Put two and two together...
  16. Wolfborne

The outfit Recursion originally developed the app. Many of therm were suspected of cheating, and if you dig hard enough, you can find YouTube videos of them being caught cheating. As to their own version of the app, my guess would be yes, and everyone else gets the public version.
  17. DirArtillerySupport

Dam...I hope these rumors of an outfit version of the software aren't true. I love the RTS overlay and voice packs. My PS2 experience wouldn't be complete without it.
  18. BigG

There is no way to prove these things that I am aware of. I think the main issue is that a program that uses functions similar to how cheat programs work has been whitelisted by the developers. So anyone with access could modify this program for their own purpose and bypass the cheat detection because the game is calling it safe by default.

The best example I can give is the crosshair overlay is most likely hooking direct x to show the crosshair and that is pretty much the same method a cheat would use to show players positions via overlay. Calling directx to draw an overlay on screen are the same in both cases even tho in one it is used for cheating and the other is not. If something is supposed to be part of the game then the developers should add it to the game instead of the community depending on questionable third party software.

Recursion breaks when you patch the game just like with cheat programs. Even if it is not a hack it is still behaving like one and this is why players are skeptical about so called "private" releases floating around. Maybe not such a big deal when hacking in a crosshair overlay, but a very big deal if hacking in an enemy player location overlay.

Imo the crosshair overlay itself is cheating because it circumvents sights that are sold for progression currency (aka certs). People are gonna flame me for this and defend their tools, but I don't care. Call a spade a spade. No need to grind those certs for a red dot sight when you can just overlay one right over your iron sights and have the benefits of both faster sighting times from iron sights and the red dot as well. Unfortunately, DBG games seems to allow cheating as long as it isn't "bad enough", just google the plethora of lag switches and macro scripts for planetside 2 which the community loves to defend as being legal. Just remember as long as it doesn't touch your mouse movement then it's not cheating and you are free to automate to your hearts content, but I digress.

If you design the game properly then there is no need for third party software. They should ban all third party tools and macros. If something is so important to the game then it needs to be added to the game. End of story!
    • Up x 3
  19. Wolfborne

Yep, ESP hack shows the location of all players within a certain range, and highlights them in different colors based on friend or foe.

I had a 00 member (don't remember his name) about a year ago that knew exactly where I was. The problem is that I was stealthed under Stalker cloak, not moving, not shooting, no motion sensors anywhere, and under a base in a not-so-obvious spot. He, as a LA, flew down, turned the corner and immediately shot me in the head while I was typing. There was absolutely no reason for him to come down where I was at. I was the only enemy at that base.

I had another that was running up a hill as a HA. I was diving on him in a Scythe. He had this quick, jerky 180 spin motion, rocket launcher instantly came out and without aiming, shot me from a good 150m away. That is aimbot. I know for a fact it is because I have seen aimbots used in other games, and it can make you have that unnatural motion.

Yes, they cheat, and no one can tell me any different. The FACT that with a broken app, they are now only average, proves it. DBG needs to pay attention to that and ban accordingly, if they suddenly jump in skill again. Better yet, outlaw any 3rd party apps.
    • Up x 1
  20. Skraggz

Personally I use Recursion, and i'm incredibly doubtful (does not mean impossible) that "their" version had cheats. However, I have noticed a drop in skill from some questionable people and many outfits, I suspect it has nothing to do with recursion but more to do with the hitbox editing being gone (atm). That said, I would gladly give up recursion (though I love the voice files) if dbg made it bannable, I kinda believe there should be no game altering programs running.
    • Up x 2