DVS the VA challenges you! (Waterson)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fear The Amish, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Fear The Amish

yeah seriously i started out polite and now i am just getting tired of these guys... i don't know if its just a few bad apples from DVS on these forums or is this their whole outfit.
    • Up x 1
  2. Shockfrosted

I have met friendly DVS players (I have an NC on Waterson), so I don't think the entire outfit is chumps. They definitely don't have high recruitment standards, though.
    The same can be said for BRIT by the way. A few good players, a whole lot of hooting jerks.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dkamanus

Yes. Found those on Biolabs Hating on us MAX users =P

I just yell goofy talk back and keep trolling them.
  4. Aghar30

Weirdest smacktalk I have ever ran into was when a TR started saying that they had the best and most skilled players on waterson TR side. Not sure if he was trolling or just drank way to much coolaid, either way was rather obvious population was the only thing letting them steamroll, once they hit skydock they got stopped dead in their tracks.
  5. Shockfrosted

But is he any more wrong for thinking high population equals skill, than others thinking it equals an absence thereof?
    All 3 factions have skilled players and derpies, the amount of derpies present does not up- nor degrade their quality.
    • Up x 2
  6. Dkamanus

Although we can consider this Faction Pride Talk, one time we were on Amerish and were holding the last NC hex from TR, behind the NC warpgate. Then a HUGE air zerg hit us. There was nothing we could do. But then I saw the /yell saying "Victory through superior tactics" and I just couldn't find any seriousness on this.
    • Up x 2
  7. Revanmug

First of all, I didn't said anything against the first event. It was a nice night.

Second, congratulation on capping empty continent! We do as well quite often and there is nothing to be proud of. Capturing a continent in 20 min with minimal opposition then return back to where we start before the next opponent zerg. SO much fun!
    Come on, VS never stay anywhere except Indar and everybody knows it. There is a reason you always have a higher pop there...

Third, I don't care about that guy. The very few time I'm in command chat, he is annoying and I simply ignore him. Much power to him if he want. He can also believe whatever he want like Assist.

Fourth, we had almost the same amount of people online in the last event. Since the continent was full, no faction was underman. As for teh zergish comment, so what? DVS rarely have 2 platoon (more often not full) at the same place except for the rare defense turtle when trying to hold a continent.
  8. Aghar30

Never said all TR was bad, tr has many good players on their side in waterson, the problem is with high population people tend to depend on that pop advantage to make up for their own short comings than improve on their own skills. That and with a higher population your ratio of derp to skill gets worse, cant even count the number of times I have ghost capped a base while mossies and libs fly overhead hoping I poke my head out to get murdered. If 2 of them just got out of their damn aircraft I would most likely die horribly if found, but instead they just hover and fly over hoping to get a line on me.
  9. Shockfrosted

I had the exact same experience in NC territory, deep within Amerish.
    We had a squad of 4 people, we were cut off and just ran off to adjacent points, capping.
    The mighty DVS airforce flew over our heads, but not one of them landed. The only person who did end up fighting us, was a BR3 guy. After I shot him for the ~10th time, I began feeling sorry and redeployed to the warpgate. :(
  10. Aghar30

Derp knows no faction, the thing that makes me laugh the hardest is the ghost caper that stands on the cap point. Yes it makes the cap go faster, but if anyone spawns there, they know exactly where you are, that information alone can make it much easier for me to kill you.
    • Up x 2
  11. Dkamanus

This is one of the main problems I see with current NC Air PLATOONS! Having 48 players online is more then enough to actually organize a decent Air, Decent mechanized and 2 decent Infantry squads that can take almost ANYTHING except for a HUGE air zerg on this. And I most of the time just see air. It isn't not even fun anymore. We have those huge numbers of NCs on one territory just to see that 25% of those numbers are "stuck" inside a biolab or Air zerging.
  12. Vlas

Haters gunna hate.

I like the stories, they lack perspective and they read like conspiracy theories.

I look forward to the fun against VA.
  13. Noxx(ia)

Oh oh! I wanna join the fun!! Let's have a three way! Or I'll hop on my vanu or NC toons!
  14. Sarmane

I'm with ya man but dont give up on NC Waterson, when you bump into other outfits or better yet, join the public ones and get into contact directly with other platoon leaders, make the connection. If that doesnt help solidify some sort of support between outfits, Im fresh out of ideas. Keep the faith and goodluck.

VS is on INDAR so much because of an extremely generous gift from the Vanu Gods known as ARC BIO ENGINEERING. This little base is pretty op considering it is nestled in by a one access road which is slanted, has a warpgate blocking the north and a Warpgate tower that makes for excellent AA and AV co-ordination. Now that is half the reason we hold onto INDAR so much when pops are out of balance. The second reason is due to leadership command having people utilize it to see that Indar can be saved in time if people fall back to holding onto AB and Highlands Substation and by working together. (I have to say this publicly because no one rarely assaults this base with a concentrated effort, foot zerg happens on some days but no mass galaxies ect.)
    • Up x 2
  15. Waf

The big thing that everyone seems to forget is we are all trying to have fun, and that doesn't always mean trying to take as much territory as we possibly can. A lot of our recent air zerging was to act as bodyguards for an outfit-mate as he got to BR 100. While tactically what we did was terrible, and we lost a lot of territory, but at the same time we had fun. I had a great opportunity to learn how to fly with enough wingmen to bail me out when I did stupid ****. Additionally we'll all remember who was first to BR100 on Waterson and what role we played in it long after we forget who controlled what territory on those days. So in the end to us, we had a good time and it was well worth it.

The Brit vs VA event was a lot of fun and it will be something we'll all remember. I'm looking forward to the VA vs SNC showdown. Since the Enclave isn't on our server maybe we can someday have a giant knife fight. Or maybe try to put together a 3 way tank war.
    • Up x 3
  16. Ausk

VA, isnt that a group of Vanu Outfits and not just one?
    • Up x 1
  17. Waf

It is. It is likely that if this fight materializes it will end up being multi-outfit on each side.
  18. Ausk

Just checked, that is exactly what VA ( Vanu Alliance ) is, a group of outfits..
    Amish, that is probably why your not getting a response, because they're not taking you seriously.
    a single outfit verses a group of outfits... come on dude

edit.
    i think the NC on waterson have a VA equivalent, but don't ask me about the details.. i saw it in a thread and just off handedly remembered
  19. Sarmane

Why would they not be taken seriously Ausk?
  20. Ausk

I dont know Sarmane... a representative ( not even sure if that is true ) of a large group of outfits challenging a single zergfit...
    Heck, even if it was a reallllly good outfit, its still suicide to accept it because VA are a GROUP of outfits... meaning more than one organization structure and probably higher numbers.

edit.
    im not saying they will not be taken seriously, im just stating its not likely