[Suggestion] Dumbfires should be able to 1-shot ESFs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UNSCSpartan051, Dec 10, 2017.

1. UNSCSpartan051

I started playing Planetside 2 in the first year it came out, I quit around late 2015. After playing it for the past 2 months or so, the one thing that constantly frustrates me among all the changes other than the tank cannon velocity changes/HESH has to be the fact that dumbfires do not 1-shot ESFs anymore. You literally have ****** pilots lolpodding infantry with impunity, hovering perfectly still, because they know that they won't get 1-shotted anymore. The dumbfire rocket launchers are quite weak IMO, not just against air but even against armor. I get that they lowered damage but increased reload speed and ammo capacity, but I feel that that's not the point of dumbfire rocket launchers. They're supposed to be used by peeking, firing, ducking into fire and reloading. Raw DPS is not essential, alpha damage is. I feel that air is in too strong a place right now while armor(tanks but especially the vanguard) is somewhat weak. I don't know what the actual stat changes are but IMO I think the dumbfires should get a buff. I have no idea why the devs thought that this and the tank cannon changes were a good idea.
  2. Silkensmooth

I agree! And rocket pods should also be un-nerfed. Currently you need almost an entire volley of pods to kill an infantry. Lets bring back the splash and damage pods used to have at the same time as we buff dumbfires. This will make things exciting.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jac70

Dumbfires don't one-shot an ESF anymore?? That is plain stupid. A dumbfire should absolutely wreck an ESF.

Lolpods need to be 'un-nerfed'. Are you ******* high. Lolpods are broken, have been broken since day one and have never been properly addressed. I always thought those farming ********s should be an either or - they replace your main cannon, you don't get to take both.
    • Up x 1
  4. udeadsir21

There are a lot of one shot kills that were nerfed out recently that make no sense. The Spear Turret no longer kills infantry, the Halberd and other single shot, long reload weapons also no longer kill infantry. It is hard to believe that a .50 caliber rifle bullet one-hit kills infantry, but a direct-in-the-face shot from a Titan T-150 tank shell doesn't??? 13mm vs 130mm...think about that. The bullet would make a hole so large in a person that survival is IMPOSSIBLE. It seems like the devs believe the answer to every "I get killed too often" complaint is to make everything take more and more shots to kill. The weapons all feel broken now, like I am shooting marshmallows at 3000fps...Doesn't anyone realize that nerfing every weapon to this current state just makes the game less and less realistic?
  5. JibbaJabba

Dumbfires still oneshot ESFs I believe. If not, it sets them burning for sure.

I thought I was pretty up to date on changes. Is this super duper (last day or so) recent?
  6. LordKrelas

I don't think you want it realistic, or to use that argument.
    As we have flying tanks, weapons that have no logical means to achieve their ranges, and weapons not functioning as logic would dictate more so than every AV weapon one-shotting infantry.

The hitting the most agile & fastest target with a dumbfire, that basically acts like a floating gun-turret from hell with enough guns to equal multi-crew vehicles while solo, is a bit different from nailing an infantry unit with an AV weapon.

I think it's from the damage reduction.
    But it's possible that is in-fact burning, which is sorta useless on something with FS of ESF level..