[Suggestion] Dumbfire Sights

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Serialkillerwhale, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Serialkillerwhale

Take a look-see at this [IMG]
    This is the kind of sights a real-life Dumbfire rocket launcher has.
    The top one's for very short range, the middle one for longer range, and the bottom one for even longer ranges. This is basically the same thing as a Sniper's chevron sights, it's meant to help the person using it aim a weapon with extreme drop.

We want some.
    • Up x 1
  2. Neo3602

I agree, having sights like the ones you suggested would make the default launcher and the decimator at long range easier.
  3. Vosrash

and less time consuming, having the ability to just aim w/out having to line up a target directly then guestimating BLINDLY on the amount of up you need would make many consider using dumbfires instead of lock-ons alot more often if there is even a remote chance of even mid range vehicle engagement.
    • Up x 1
  4. Reclaimer77

Agree. It also doesn't help that "rockets' in this game have absurdly slow velocities to the point that any ****** driving can get out of the way.
  5. MrJengles

This.

Better sights and a velocity boost + gravity reduction would help dumb fires reach out to medium and long ranges. It should be a slight challenge for tankers to dodge, rather than incredibly easy as it is now.

Of course, you're not going to hit every shot so lock-ons still have their place. This would create a much better set of tradeoffs given that lock-ons give the enemy a warning, can be smoked, or you can retreat out of range.
  6. Reclaimer77

Yeah I mean give me a break. The Decimator's speed is 60 m/s for example. Just...lol, WHAT!? My freaking housecat could outrun that...

The rest are, what, 115 m/s? That's ABSURD SOE, just a freaking joke. I could understand that speed if these weapons just wrecked armor, but they don't. Not even close.