Dumb ideas for dumb weapons that need less to be bad or maybe more

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

We will do this in groups so the guns doesn't get lost! Hold hands please.

TURN AND FACE THE STRANGE CH-CH-CHANGES

Carbinations:

MIDDLE AND LONG RANGES EDITION
    T5 American Movie Classics
    675 RoF
    0/0 recoil angle
    -30 velociraptors
    To suit its easy handling sustained damage and mid range focus we have GIFTED this gun a DAKKA boost and removed it's republican leaning tendencies.

Razorblades Suitcase
    .175 H recoil
    0/0 recoil angle
    .3 tolerant of horizons
    Advantageous Grips
    Due to its totally bogus damage output we have made it excellenter at shooting faces

Smexy older woman
    .175 H recoil
    0/0 recoil angle
    577 RoF
    Since it's programming was too similar to T5 American Movie Classics and that one Bush album we put rubbed some DAKKA on it and made it less bad for shooting faces

Pulsar do you see?
    +3 recoil recoveries

Merchant of fairies
    No change I guess IDK. I use it as baseline.

Air Conditioning-X11
    Remains in its niche, it's pretty cool already.

What have I done? Why have I doned it?

Well, now the guns that are MORE ACCURATE. Are less DAMAGE. and the guns that are LESS DAAMGE. are MORE ACCURATE.

We have removed recoil angles because they suck for medium-long range and made balance weird with low damage guns having weird recoil for no reason.

I think we have learned the balance today.

Razor: least dmg. MOST accurate. Best velocity.
    Pulsar: Second most accurate, second least damage. Not as great velocity but OKAY
    Cougar: Third most accurate, second least damage(tied), but more bulletses. Medium velocity
    T5 AMC: Different damage / RoFs but slightly less accurate slightly more damage. Medium velocity
    Mercenary: Second most damage and tied for accuracy with AMC, but no HVA / lower velocity
    AC-X11: Pairs most damage with third most accurate, HVA and medium velocity, but harder handling

I will take request for category you want me to make less bad next. No promises though my state of mind is such that no promises though
  2. Leftconsin

BATTLE RIFLES!
    So skill intensive, but so unrewarding. No hope to kill anyone with an automatic weapon unless you land 1-2 head shots. Even then there could be no hope.

NO HOPE!
    • Up x 1
  3. Paperlamp

Battle Rifles are just so, so bad, but they simply need to make a big leap and bring the CoF bloom way down, the damage per bullet up and/or extend their max and minimum damage ranges considerably, reduce the crazy angled vertical recoil per shot, and then tweak balance from there.

Oh, and they should start at .03 or .0 CoF when still/stand. No good reason for these to have the standing CoF of a 143 dmg tier automatic.
    • Up x 1
  4. Aaren

Honestly if they just doubled the firerate, that would probably alleviate a lot of the problems with the BR's.

CoF sillyness aside, what you have are weapons with less than half (333) the firerate of AR's. But not even double the damage per shot. The result is their TTK at every range is higher than that of most AR's and carbines - even if their accuracy theoretically makes up for it. If they were 2x as spammable, the current CoF might even make sense, as a way of requiring trigger discipline at anything other than spitting distance, as it stands though you have a weapon that's accurate out to infiltrator ranges, but requires 4+ headshots, where an infiltrator will have the job done in 2.

Heck I get out-sniped by Guass Saw's more often with my AMR, than by Infiltrators.

I'm sure everyone here is well aware of the mediocrity of BR's, so please excuse my outburst. I just suspect I'm one of the few people actively grinding for the DMR-99 on Briggs. And it's torturous. :confused:
  5. NConical

Too many numbers, no one will read.

Looks like mostly TR buffs, probably terrible ideas anyway.
  6. Paperlamp

Very good points I will take this into account and revise ASAP.
  7. Erendil

Lessee.......

• Reduce COF Bloom - CHECK
    • Increase damage - CHECK (I suggest 313 max / 250 min to reduce the STK by 1 vs Nano5)
    • Reduce/remove recoil angle - CHECK
    • Reduce ADS COF to .03 or 0 - CHECK
    Yep, you touched on the 4 things I think need addressing in order to fix Battle Rifles. I approve. :cool:

Right now, aside from the 3 starter carbines (whose performance is skewed due to new player bias), Battle Rifles have the worst KPH, KPU, and KDR of any primary weapon in the game. They also suffer from the longest TTK and lowest DPS. It's obvious they need serious work to make them at all competitive in the hands of your average soldier. The above changes are right on target.
  8. LibertyRevolution

That is what bothers me, it is a semi auto, why is the bloom COF so crazy that I can't even click 4-5 times before it goes wild..
    When I use a BR all I seem to get are assists, unless I equip enhanced targeting and shoot at damaged guys..
    But if I want to play that game, then I may as well use just my vandal infil...