Dual Wielding..what exactly?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kriegson, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Kriegson

Pretty much this. Remove your secondary slot, dual wield is your only set but all dual wield weapon types have better control mid-flight. Then you have two niches of LA, scoot and shoot, or perch/flankers.
    The flankers will have more powerful and versatile weapons, but the scoot and shoot and make full use of LA maneuverability...hopefully with an upgrade to skiing.
  2. Sagabyte

3. Wobulator

Dual cyclones?
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

Dual middle finger more like. Revamp once again unscheduled.
    • Up x 1
  5. Wobulator

Hey, I can wish.
  6. ShotgunGuru

I want to see this only for pistols, maybe you can purchase it as an optic attachment for 250 certs?
  7. Corezer

...yeehaw!
  8. Hoki

Yes dual wield is really going to happen.
    [IMG]
  9. Whatupwidat

I don't need another gun - I need a passive support ability so I can actually...I dunno...aid the team play?
  10. Aesir

I dunno ... unique secondary weapons that are LA only might sound fun but it won't change the issues of the class, it lacks a lot of utility. Currently the only utility besides flanking is placing beacons in hard to reach spots or get rid of them.

How can a heavy secondary weapon or dual wielding really help shape the class into more of what it's supposed to be?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't the HA all about head to head, while the LA is more of the Skirmisher and Flanker ... so what does the LA need, other than it's jetpack to fulfill this role better and potentially give more utility to the team?
  11. Hoki

Yeah as for utility I really think just having one jetpack with different ways to use it would be best, instead of having multiple jetpacks.

Drifter jet is such a great utility, but only like 10% of the time.

Also more starter ammo, have them come with 2 extra carbine and pistol mags by default.

And remove sprint as an ability and just have LA run faster by default.
    • Up x 1
  12. salembeats

I can't see how you could balance dual-wielding.

If there is no accuracy penalty, you're putting out an unfair DPS against anyone and you'd win every duel against equal-skill HAs with shields active.

If there is an accuracy penalty, what does dual-wielding accomplish which shotgun-wielding doesn't?

I think that SOE simply is dead-set on the imagery of how "badass" it'd look to hold two weapons, without really considering whether it'd add anything to the game to do so.
  13. Corezer

a second primary or a second suit slot or something would be better than DW

Our strength is versatility if any. Our mobility is best used to exploit situations as they arise, not squandered by pigeon holing us into ECQC, which presents the narrowest range of opportunities to do anything besides engage in ecqc combat.

LA utility slot item,
    Survival kit (pick 2)
    2x additional magazine (not usable with ammo bando)
    2x regeneration kit
    1x c4
    1x additional frag grenade (not usable with g bando or special grenades)

bam, a little grab bag that gives us more utility without being as powerful as double utility slots.

not really a fleshed out idea, just an expression of a concept...
  14. jiggu

A new weapon that has the model of two machine pistols that are weaker on the ground than other guns but have the advantage of not being worthless while flying would be kinda cool, would maybe make the drifter jets more useful as well.
    • Up x 1
  15. lawn gnome

DUAL PUMP ACTION SHOTGUNS! but it takes 3 seconds to pump each shotgun because you have to put the other one down.
  16. lawn gnome

my brother would love the last suggestion because he uses the stims and anything else he can to make his LA faster.

with the jets you should have to actively switch modes so they can't be combined for some absurd aerial ballet combo.
  17. Corezer

****ing planetside.

came back to try out the new carbines, peace out again...

I don't even care if DW turns out alright, the lack of respect for the community has my *** hole puckering...
  18. Iridar51

But mah MCG!..
    But 167 TR carbine!..
    But Lynx 2.0!..
    Camon playa, ya ain't gonna abandon us, arya?

Surely you didn't hope the revamp would actually happen or change anything.
  19. Corezer

I always have high hopes with low expectations.

I like the cougar, actually, makes a difference to me on TR but I play NC mostly and the bandit is bleh, it just seems to jitter too much, and that's with a grip. Maybe I just cant adjust from 2x to 1x sights... IDK, it's just bleh...

but yeah the cougar is fun to use, fo sho...
  20. Radh

Pistol in right hand, no zoom. In left hand slowing-enemy beam device or drain-power beam device. Beam works like healing beam in medic but other effect.