[Suggestion] Dual wield? NAH, Special assault!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Dimachaerus, Dec 12, 2013.

1. LibertyRevolution

I want a OHK light saber on my VS light assault.
    I want a OHK katana on my TR light assault.
    I want a OHK great sword on my NC light assault.
    • Up x 2
  2. Posse

There should be a better base design to prevent spawn camping, your solution is just not good, it implies putting more cheese in this a game that has more cheese than it should.

Just by having a jetpack the possibilities of a LA expand greatly, there are LOTS of things that only LAs can do thanks to that.
  3. Sandpants

And everything only an LA does can be easily undermined - this is 2013, people DO look up. There really are not that many unexpected places an LA can attack from anylonger. Harvesting new players for certs doesn't count as "LA being in a good spot".

Perhaps if the maps had general geographical and geometrical rework to allow much much larger variation in height over large areas, then the LA could claim with certainty "we can get these guys without them expecting a thing". As it is now, it's better to just burst out with brute force than clever "flanking". So LA is rudimentary.
  4. Torok

I want to dual wield Ebony & Ivory
  5. Posse

Not really, Bio Labs are still great places, same for Vanu Archives, and well, towers are definitely the best

I'd really love more bases like towers, that's where LA shines imo, the things I can do with a LA in that place are things I'd never dream of doing with any other class.

Anyway, the idea of the OP is terrible, that's the point.
  6. Covah

Thumper on LA....

Are you out of your mind lol ?

Wait in fact it's not "thumper on LA" but : THUMPER IN PS2 ??? U ****** CRAZY MAN ?

MORESPAMSIDE 2 ?

No lol.

Radiator....well, maybe with a lot of adjustments it could be an interesting crowd control weapon...but no thumpers or Rocket Rifles plz.
  7. Corezer

I want the ability to roast meat on a spit like in Monster Hunter...

That's what LA really needs!
  8. Corezer

9. z1967

This guy knows where its at.
    • Up x 2
  10. Iridar51

But they shoot chewed paper balls ( These guns literally have no firepower (
    Rebellion would be nice, though ;)
  11. Torok

Well my Black and Platinum Commissioner would do!
  12. Zazulio

Terrible idea for two reasons:

1) HE weaponry is anti-fun in general.
    2) HE weaponry in the hands of a class capable of jetpacking onto tall obstacles would make them unstoppable.
    • Up x 1
  13. SevenTwo

I don't think extra firepower in any shape or form (neither dual wield or special weapons) would help make LA more fun to play and useful in combat.

Instead I'd rather see an overhaul of base designs, where having LA in your team would be a definite asset, rather than them being more of a "Yay, a flying guy who can place the squad beacon on a roof". There needs to be more situations where the option of jetting to a flanking position is a powerful asset, rather than a convenient ability.

If the bases generally had more intricate vertical designs rather than almost all base structures being 1-2 story high buildings with a flat roof, it'd provide more an environment for LA to shine in their flanking roles. It feels like LA are built for urban combat scenarios, but there are so few urban-like environments, that their greatest asset (extreme mobility) seems underused.

For instance, inside Biolab domes are a good example of where LA really shine - there are lots of tall'ish rooftops, buildings to flank from and so on, which isn't really present on either Indar or Amerish (Some of the Esamir bases are pretty decent in this respect though).

If the Biolabs and other large facilities had rooftop access points only usable by LA (Amps and Techs have this to some degree insofar you can climb to the upper decks and drop into the facility through the elevator shafts or jump to the balconies) it'd go a long way to making them more viable as flanking troops during the various assault phases - I mean, there are shields programmed to only let specific factions through, so why not have some shields in place programmed to only recognize LA?

All in all I think a lot of the problems with LA being unable to flank and break deadlocks come from poor base design decisions ("realism" taking precedence over "playability" and even that is questionable considering many base defences are placed in completely indefensible positions) and not an inherent lack of ability (firepower & slot options) in the class itself.
  14. Dimachaerus

That would definitely help, I'm still not really happy that we're stuck with just SMG's, shotties, and carbines though. heck, I'd even nearly sell my soul for just an assault rifle. Would also make certs into the AR's a better investment since you'd not be ONLY buffing your medic.

Maybe instead of whole new weapons, LA's get access to a new range of underbarrel options?
  15. Doggzor

I think even SOE have missed the point with the light assault class. There is not one area of the game that has been designed for light assault game-play, you cant say roofs are designed for light assaults as they are not, they are simply a roof added onto a building that sometimes have access to non-light assault classes.

The Biolab is a classic example of a bad design when involving the light assault, there is simply no way to gain entrance to the building using your unique ability, you have to suffer the same constricted doorways and teleport rooms like every other class.

So if they are not going to change the level design to add light assault only areas of importance for new game-play, such as special entrances, light assault only accessible mini cap points etc then the only thing the class has any worth in is direct combat.

The best example to make a thumper like grenade launcher work for the class is to have it only launch EMP grenades as a crowd control weapon, keeping the targets shields down for friendlies to storm and clear the area. It could also disable vehicle and max weapons but has a long equip time to counter switching weapons such as a EMP C4 combo.