Dual Pounder Lockdown

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Lucidius134, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Lucidius134

So I decided to play around w/ dual pounder max today more than usual with the mindset of flanking and gaining height advantages to minimize the least amount of my body to the enemy with some pretty good results.

With even Lockdown 2, the projectile drop and leading is relativly easy out to 100+m and the ROF boost is great. I ended up hitting 100 certs and put 450 into lockdown 3 and mor flak armor. Had a pretty great time.

It eats up magriders so in small fights you can skirt a battlefield and snipe them with your crazy DPS, or blow them up from towers. Blew up some magriders and you arn't completley defenceless against infantry.

All in all, recommend. It's pretty cheap and fun.
  2. Liewec123

yups, really strong combo, its a shame about the ammo bug / nerf,
    they didn't mention it in the patch notes so i don't know if its intended, but 40 rounds just isn't enough...
    (it used to be 70 something and that vanished fast enough when locked down)
  3. Lucidius134

oh god that explains a lot. I kept running dry so much, and as a flanker I had to keep running back and it was a huge pain.

I wonder when that was
  4. Liewec123

it was the past before last iirc, but i dont remember seeing it in the patch notes, people asked about it on here, but as usual, no reply!
    • Up x 1
  5. _itg

Falcons got hit with the same nerf, and presumably comets, too. I guess only Pounder users are complaining because it's just that much more popular than the other two.
  6. Lucidius134

72->40 is a bit more noticable than with falcons since they are a smaller number maybe? IDK

THat's ****** up though. This needs more attention.
  7. Liewec123

falcons deal a lot more damage per projectile, so it makes sense for them to need less ammo.
    i rarely find myself in a situation where i run out of ammo with falcons,
    with pounders i rarely find a situation where i DON'T run out of ammo lol.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lucidius134

Bump:

I looked in game

Falcons had 24 ammo. Wiki says 45 (no idea what it was before??)
    Comets had 44 ammo. Wiki says 45 (wrong?)
    Pounders had 48 ammo. Wiki says 72.

I cross referenced all posts in the news and announcements (pre game update section patch notes) and in the game updates (recent) and did not find any patch notes related to pounder ammo.

Also searched up 'pounder ammo" too, no results.

VS were the least screwed and NC/TR get nerfed by up to 50%.

This does not address infantry killing power so please restore their ammo capacities. Change something else?

Edit:
    https://soeissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1314

made an issue tracker post.