drops in frames per second after september 8 hotfix

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pphacciany, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Pphacciany

I am experiencing drops down to 20-30 frames per second after the September hotfix, even in small fights and off peak hours.
    Drops seems to be somehow related to the presence of explosions and/or vehicles.

I have a new laptop and frames have never been a problem for me before this hotfix, i was usually well above 60 FPS in every fight at every hour.

The game shows that frames are CPU limited, whilst windows perfomance manager shows CPU workload around 30% while the FPS drops occur.

Connection quality seems to be ok, like it has always been. The issue happens on both Miller and Cobalt servers.

Following tests gave no results:
    • lowering graphics quality to minimum
    • using the smoothing option of the UserOptions file
    • executing the game on clean boot (no other programs running in background)
    • checks of DxDiag.txt and MSinfo.txt report files show no issues
    • updating graphics drivers of GPU

i have seen some people reporting similar issues in the past but not with this particular patch.
    i am posting to see if someone has the same problem and, of course, if someone has managed to solve it.

Thanks.
  2. Grandizer

i get some tanking frames....again...in clustered areas like buildings here and there. It goes from 130fps to 80 and then back up while I'm standing in the same spot.

Yeah, had this issue after S&S update and they fixed it...now it's kinda starting again