Driver compatibility with NVIDIA GeForce 334.89 drivers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Wint3rNuk3

Ok, after some investigations, it appears that NVIDIA is working (hem hem... T.T) on this issue, excuse my french but still at this hour I never experienced this bug in another game...

As for NVENC, I shall be using Quick Sync and downgraded Nvidia Drivers with my 3770k for the moment, though it itches my *** greatly to be 30 fps in battle...
  2. Kemano

crossing my fingers with the beta 337.5 drivers recently made available
  3. Reddax

Just installed 337.5 Beta drivers. Still happening for me >.>
  4. Ultramarine

I've stopped having crashing problems entirely since 337.5. Maybe it's not the driver alone causing problems anymore?
  5. NC_agent00kevin

332.93 works best for me. Smooth and no blackscreens. cant go back to the best ones, 314.22, as I have a GTX 770 now and it wont play nice.

I got a beta from EVGA and it was even worse :(
  6. willowstyle

allways the 3sc black screen with 337.50, but seem a bit less.
    and since the last 64 bits patch i dont crash anymore.

dont know if related but i play arma3 and simcity actually.
    i get some 3sc black screen on simcity, but not in arma 3.
  7. TwwIX

I wonder who gives less of a **** about this long standing issue. Nvidia or SOE?

Oh, well. Back to another break from this stability mess of a game.
  8. psylencer

so they knew this was an issue in feb? and its now May and still no update on if and or when there is a fix? the drivers are going further and further out of date. Can we please find out what is going with this issue?
  9. ggouki

Upgraded to a GTX 770 after years of ATI cards. This problem came up and i thought something was wrong with my card, wasn't much better to hear this has been an issue with the game/drivers for months now.

The driver-restart/3-sec black-screens that is, never had any game-crashes.

And i'm not sure i want to downgrade my drivers though.
  10. gregfox89

Honestly at this point I'm considering selling my 660ti and buying an AMD card
    But then I can't use shadowplay
    OH WAIT I can't use shadowplay anyway because my drivers are out of date :rolleyes:
  11. Vantoonces

Not sure if information was already posted but it looks like the issue was fixed:

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 337.88
    [PlanetSide 2]: The game may crash to a black screen. [1466333]

For what it is worth I can report that I did have issues with the 337.50 drivers and now my GTX 670 appears to be working correctly with the 337.88 driver. No black screens or map issues to report after several hours of play in PlanetSide 2.:)
  12. Frigidman

I just updated to those drivers yesterday morning, and played all night yesterday, and had about 6 black screen events just like with the prior drivers (335). I am going to try and do a clean wipe and try again (with 337). If that doesnt work, its back to 332.
  13. Hectorvs

With the latest driver (337.88) I have almost always a crash (after 5 minutes or ...2hours) only when I overclock my gpu even 1%. This only happens with ps2, max temp 65c, nothing special when it happens only gpu suddenly hits 100% for the first time. I run anything else (benchmarks etc) for 12+ hours with no problem.
  14. Frigidman

Well a clean reinstall of 337.88 did seem to stop the black-screening, but I do notice now an occasional 'hiccup' that never was there (I have a 780gtx stock speed, and i7 4770k oc'd). So I dont see an improvement overall.

I may downgrade to the 332 drivers like the original post mentions, because it seems nvidia still got glitches in the latest.
  15. BlackDove

Its not the drivers. I had 314.22 drivers this whole time and they black screened after the GAME UPDATE that started this.

Try limiting your power target to 80-90% and check this thread.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ase-get-rid-of-the-scaleform-ui-menus.186679/

Lots of people say it black screens in 2D menus for a reason.
  16. Frigidman

Well, yes I can certainly agree that it would be this game, since every other game (and I have many lol) have never done this in the slightest, ever.

Power Target? I have never really adjusted that. I do know, after all night of playing using 337, the game is performing worse than when I was using 335. On average defending a biolab during an alert I used to get 58-61 fps. Now with drivers 337, I am seeing 33-55 with occasional hitches. Sooooo I may just go back to 335 and live with black screens, even if power target doesnt help out for me (it might, considering that other thread, thanks for linking that btw).

And yes, I would always get the black screen around death time, or while I was sitting there fussing with my gear for too long, which all tend to have 2d menus up.
  17. BlackDove

Use the 331.82 drivers if possible. If not, keep the newest ones.

Configure your drivers and in game settings like this and it will make this and all your games look and play better.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ttings-for-ps2-as-well-as-other-games.171010/

Smoothing off, adaptive vsync in drivers, vsync off in game.
  18. Frigidman

I vary my vsync use on a game by game basis. Some games fly ultra-smooth using D3DOverrider. Some games prefer their own in-game method. And some work good with Adaptive, while others stutter and burn :)

So far I've not seen bad tearing in this game, so I've had them all off for it. But with the driver update, I wonder if it changed some of my settings, and I should go look to see what happened in the control panel again.

I did try a rollback to 335, and running at 85% power. Black screens still occurred. Monitoring showed my power level never reaching above 65% though, odd. Heat is 'normal', not going above 68°C during hours of gameplay. CPU's stick around 60° for games that beat up on them like this one does.