Double XP WEEK, 5th Year Anniversary Packs AND Dev Stream

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sarmane, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Sarmane

https://www.planetside2.com/news/ps2-5th-anniversary-celebration-nov-2017

Double XP Week
    Get equipped, get moving and hit the battlefields - from Friday, November 17th, 2017 at 12:01 AM PT until Friday, November 24th, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT ALL players will receive double experience when fighting for their faction!

---

Three 5th Year Anniversary Bundle Choices

https://www.planetside2.com/news/ps2-5th-anniversary-bundle-nov-2017

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/7di1n2/5th_year_anniversary_bundles/

---
    Developer Stream Time and Countdown:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/7d7bdp/ps2_developer_ama_200_pm_pt/dpvrwnn/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/7dikq9/cdown_5th_anniversary_livestream/
    • Up x 3
  2. iPervy

Finally a all player double exp event! Haha can't tell you how many times I get excited for a xp weekend and low and behold its only for members. Ready for a blast, see you folks on the other side, and thanks for the heads up!
    • Up x 3
  3. JobiWan

I like the idea of tiered bundles. I might actually splash out this time, the horns for all vehicles is really good value considering they usually cost about 299-799 (ish) each.
    • Up x 1
  4. HAXTIME

Ho crap, the Commander’s Five-Year Anniversary Bundle is insane...
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

shame we can't just buy the 12 month booster without paying an astronomical 8999 (which works out at £67...)
    i'll live in hope for boosts on black friday!

my main already has minor cloak and counter-intelligence too,
    so infravision would be the only other thing in the bundle that interests me. :p
    • Up x 1
  6. BartasRS

Contents are nice, insane is the price.

I bet they could sell 3x as much if they cut the price in half. The only reason to buy it is that it contains some very rare implants but, on the other hand, I can live without them just fine and I believe that I already have at least one of them.
    • Up x 3
  7. CMDante

Yeah... ima need to see some screenshots before I pull the trigger on any of that. If some rube, I mean LOYAL PLAYER springs for the big box they should post what the stuff all looks like, for us common folk.
    • Up x 2
  8. Sarmane

If Wrel remembers, he said he will post pics tomorrow of at least the standard camo. I may not wait personally for the Black Friday deal (if there is something then related to DBC but who knows) and will try to post pics of all the armours and such.

I also agree that the final tier price is a bit too much for what you are getting but it's decent gear. Just wish the implant could be applied to whichever character you desire and the implants as a whole were across characters. Very excited though to see it all though!
  9. Sarmane

Yeah those double xp weekends are only membership for the most part :( It's nice to get EVERYONE into the same event again! Spread the word, get people to grab as many certs as they can while the time is good.
  10. Towie

Yay double-XP even for non-members - now place your bets on the number of QQ posts because the queue is too long / don't want to play underpop faction / miss my mates etc. etc.
    • Up x 1
  11. Towie

I can imagine that people might stump up the cash thinking that the likes of minor cloak are really really great and just so totally OP - only to be bitterly disappointed when they find it's the most frustrating and mostly useless implant going (but hey, I won't tell them if you won't ;))

Like Jobiwan - i'm most interested in the horns (of all things) - as long as they sound decent, I believe i'll stick some cash into it !
    • Up x 2
  12. CMDante

I mean, it has to have -some- function. Capping points maybe? I was going to put it on an infiltrator with armor-cloak but it seems to really take forever to be able to fire after you move.
    • Up x 1
  13. Towie

I dunno CMDante but if you do find a use (other than making me want to throw my keyboard out the window) the please let me know.

It takes too long to cloak, cloaks when you don't want it to and doesn't de-cloak automatically - just generally gets in the way. AARRGGHHHhhhhh...
  14. Towie

Anyone know the DBC 'exchange rate' relative to the old Station Cash ? If indeed, there is any difference ?

Only asking as - the Heroic boost used to cost 5000 SC - and in previous DBC iterations, it was always expensive - so 3999 for all the goodies PLUS a 6 month boost seems very generous.
  15. Jac70

I think bundles tend to be much better value if you are looking for the things in them. Only bundle I ever got was the Alpha Squad bundle back on release and that included a Heroic Boost along with other stuff like a camo, decal, title, and 4000SC for the price of £39.99.
  16. Sarmane

No idea about the DBC Towie sorry but I will say about Minor Cloak consider using it on a Light Assault and stalking on roofs and the like? I'll defs be getting that higher tier bundle just to have all the armour/camo/weapons and boost. Minor Cloak has to be in a very restricted space so as not to interfere too much with regular class balance and play styles but it still has the ability for shenanigans.
  17. Sarmane

Don't forget Alpha Squad applies a 6 month boost to every new character so you always have a fresh long boost to help your new chars get set up ;) Ultimate value pack and sadly can't imagine seeing it come back
  18. Liewec123

i use it on my LA when capping points, sit ontop of the doorframe in stealth, noone ever expects a stealther to be up high XD
    even when they pull out the flashlight they never think of checking places where an infil shouldn't really be :)

i've had some fun using on heavy with jackhammer,
    but it is really hit or miss since it takes 1.4 seconds after decloak before you can shoot.

and the 2 year anniversary bundle also gave you a 6 month heroic booster for every char too. :)
    the good days when heroic boosts gave xp AND resource! :)

i just hope this years "heroic boost" gives xp and resources!
    the recent version that only boosts xp is kinda lame for the price. :p
    • Up x 1
  19. RockPlanetSide2

Rewarding deadbeats is the only sad part.
  20. Liewec123

yep! because why would we want to get lots of people playing?! thats a terrible idea!

the servers will be far too busy with big battles this week!
    i like when noone is playing so i can take in the beautiful scenery...
    • Up x 1