Domeshield

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nobalification, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Nobalification

2. Ash87

There is another one over Frostbite harbor.
  3. KanoHe

Looks gorgeous. Especially with that cliff in the midle for AA party...
  4. IronWarrior

Yes that's nice. Setup a AA party there and whenever you need to take cover and repair, just duck up the shield and pop out again. :)

This is just like spawn camping but on a bigger scale.
  5. Alarox

I think it would be awesome if there were generators for those dome shields.

This way Air isn't completely irrelevant and the real battle is still about ground forces, but you can use Air as a real advantage.

Basically, just like how an Amp Station battle is about infantry until you take down the generators to let your armor get into the fight.
    • Up x 3
  6. Ash87

The gens for the shields are pretty much what everyone wants.

Thing is, based on the location of certain objects I am pretty sure Eisa is getting rotated 90 degrees, and will be south facing after the esamir update (Just based on observations, feel free to disagree) and if that is the case, the generators are in the wrong place. All we see is turrets, signs, and a few other things... gens might not be pushed to be visible in the PTS yet, so we have no way of knowing whether or not the Devs listened to this particular public outcry.
  7. Alarox

I sat here considering this for a while. There's essentially no way to know, even slightly, whether or not there will be generators. I haven't been following this issue, but we really don't know what their stance on it is. I don't think they've ever been officially asked when they started talking about this, and it's hard to judge what their motivation for this really is besides the PR stuff.
  8. Anghammarad

A more interesting way to do it, imo, is for the dome to stay up as long as the base is connected to the lattice.
    Cut the resource flow, and the dome goes down.

In one of the earlier FNO, the dev said there won't be any generators at release, but that they will consider it, or something along those lines.
    • Up x 3
  9. Ash87

Well they announced the shield domes on FNO, and then everyone said: We need shield dome generators. Then Reach cast did a thing on it and said that we need shield dome gens. Then reach cast got together a load of suggestions written to them about shield dome gens, and sent them to SOE.

...Honestly it was going to be what I asked in the Q&A section of FNO last week, but no dice. So Yeah, no idea what the official stance is, but it'd be downright silly to say they aren't wanted.
    • Up x 2
  10. Alarox

Oh, thanks for the info. We need to pressure them then.
  11. Ash87

Okay, Lupreza was playing on MassivelyTV today, and I got the question in.

I asked: "Question: Is there any official stance on adding Generators for Dome Shields? That was something the community called out for quite a bit, and it was mentioned as something devs would consider if there was interest."

Her response was that she didn't know at this time, it was definitely something they were discussing, and wanted people to continue to push it.

So, nothing major, but more threads on this people, more threads.
    • Up x 5
  12. Netsurfer733

Yeah, definitely want. At least to begin with.
  13. Staticsilver

GENERATORS are so much fun especially high value ones like that, though it seems like it could help the enemy just as much in some cases, which would be cool to choose when and when not to destroy it but pubbers always will go for dat Xp i will only take thease gens if they offer no or little xp
    • Up x 1
  14. NoctD

Abominations.
    • Up x 1
  15. Torok

16. VSMars

In general, all of the infrastructure should eventually fail after the resource is cut off (unless someone manages to break through with a resource transport, of course). First the generators and whatever is connected to them, then the SCU (and spawn tubes for bases without an SCU), then every single shield, including spawn room shields.

This shouldn't be quick however. I think something on the order of 10 minutes until the energy reserves run out and everything goes down for small bases up to one hour for facilities.
    • Up x 2
  17. Regpuppy

18. blessedpatrick

Maybe have multiple gens, after the first falls the shield only offers partial protection, may be interesting.
    • Up x 2
  19. TothAval

Domeshields should cover the walls and should originate in the roof of the walls, cause the current thing
    with the open space between wall roof and domeshield looks crap.

Walking on the Domeshields is fun, i'am not sure whether to let it in the game or not, but i could imagine it's fun trying to
    avoid enemys by running over the shield, eventually fighting an enemy with the same idea and fall down as the shield
    goes :eek: deactivated and suicide :D Would be another nice thing on auraxium with the possibility to kill you, can'T be never
    enough of these :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  20. notyourbuddy

They have turned Amp Stations into just another Biolab. What is even the point of having AA Phalanx turrets on an Amp station now if air has no role here? There is no reason for the defenders to ever go out and now tanks and deployed Sunderers can just chill inside without fear of air.

Were Amp stations ever a problem? I mean if air somehow managed to camp you there then you were doing something very very very very wrong as a defending team with all those AA turrets at their disposal, a terminal for pulling skyguards, and tons of places for a Burster/G2A to hide usually created for a very hostile place for aircraft to fly.

Really hope they are planning on tying these domes to generators...

...or changing their mind and just using them on the smaller more remote outpost bases that don't have natural AA defenses built in...