Doing afew TTK calculations for TR...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, May 18, 2014.

1. CactusLynx

I just did a quick and dirty TTK table for some TR weapons and thought i'd put them up here. I included Nanoweave level 4 because thats usually what people have certed into up until they sit on a bunch of certs.

[IMG]
  2. DrTingles

Could you make a spreadsheet for the Vanu and the Smurfs too?
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

I like how the TRAC 5S is completely uninteresting.
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

There is an excel sheet I made that calculates TTK, BTK and DPS.

Here's the link:
    http://ps2guides.enjin.com/calculator

You have to manually enter the stats, though. You can also specify targets health, damage modifier and range to the target.
  5. Bankrotas

Hmm. I suck at this, but this thing needs an accuracy modifier.
  6. Iridar51

I'm not doing that, because people will use that to type in their own average accuracy from their stats, which shouldn't be done. Average weapon accuracy is a meaningless stat, and should not be considered, ever.
    • Up x 1
  7. minhalexus

I believe that these TTK timing include the first shot.
  8. Bankrotas

And? Personal accuracy is important stat to evaluate your performance on the battlefield. You might know then, whether you can be good with that weapon or not. I.E.: your accuracy with Solstice VE3 is 20%, can you kill a shielded heavy fast enough or kill him at all with one mag?
  9. Iridar51

No, it is not. Average accuracy is meaningless. It's a tyranny of averages, an equivalent of monitoring average temperature of the hospital patients.

Average accuracy includes:
    • shooting at ESFs and other small vehicles
    • hip firing
    • praying and spraying - where Imaginary Joey continues to fire, even though he knows he should stop the burst and reset his CoF, but he feels that the enemy needs just one hit, and he's willing to gamble
    • engaging non-threats beyond weapon's effective range - there are situations where enemy is standing in the open, while the Imaginary Joey is safely in cover, so he can safely shoot at the enemy even if he's 150 meters away. Joey has bullets, and eventually he'll kill the enemy, even if only 1 shot in 15 hits.
    • and finally, actually firing at the enemy within weapon's effective range while aiming down sights.

Only the last component means something, but it's devalued greatly by all the other components, that don't set a goal of maximizing accuracy. So the average accuracy is as meaningless as they come.
    • Up x 9
  10. Prudentia

I think i have to copy this post <3
    in generel i do my personal math with 45% acc in CQC (my tracking sucks) and 80% in medium range.
  11. Iridar51

TBH I'm surprised this even needs explaining, seems pretty obvious to me.
    • Up x 1
  12. Inex

Doing a CoF bloom probability spread would be worthwhile though.
  13. Iridar51

I would need the size of the target, which is different depending on distance.

Sounds interesting though, I'll investigate the possibility.
  14. Inex

Well, assuming we're always talking the infantry target (i.e. no MAX), then the size of the target is some simple trig. You could just figure out how many rounds you can fire at that distance before the CoF is more than ~0.6m (or 2'-ish, if you're American :p) across and add in CoF reset TTK 'penalties' depending on how many bursts you'd need.

Assuming you wanted to go really nuts, you'd use the headshot/bodyshot/etc. input from the user to generate a blooming CoF cone. As the BTK rises, each round would need its cone calculated and the probability of a hit within each zone calculated. I don't have it in front of me, but I think the CoF for the 10th round from a Trac-5 is about ~1m across at 30m range. Vertically you're still good but that's a bit wider than the average infantry. So now you have some % of the cone filled by the body box, some by the legs and some by the head. At those ranges you don't actually have a set BTK when firing full auto because you can't guarantee how many bullets fly over your targets shoulder, or get lucky and hit the head even though you're aiming center of mass.

And then you'd want to compare that to CoF resets. If you take that same Trac-5 and do X round bursts instead, you need to compare the probability curve of the CoF bloom against the CoF reset time to see where the sweet spot is for firing at targets at a given range. You'll end up with a slightly higher 'sweet spot' than restricting yourself to 100% chance to hit CoF; maybe add in a desired BTK confidence?
    • Up x 3
  15. Crashsplash

The danger of putting 'traffic lighting' on these weapons is that they cant take into account personal preferences, playstyle etc.
    For instance the NS15M is the best weapon I have and yet in your table it's coded red. Well I can understand that based on the stats you've shown but in practice I get good kills with it.
  16. Kunavi

That's the problem with such statistics - In practice things play out VERY differently than on paper.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cinnamon

Nanoweave is normally equivalent to the damage drop off just firing at longer range in that it flatly affects all guns but with a few quirks like 200 and 125 damage tiers being affected at lower or more than nanoweave 4. The range comparison doesn't work 1 to 1 either as carbines and high rate of fire guns with more damage drop off are effected more by range than nanoweave especially with headshots. So really it's a bit too much information to list these numbers.
  18. Iridar51

That sounds really cool, really hard to do and really not very useful :p
    One use I can think of is figuring out the number of bursts to reliably take down the target, and the length of those bursts, but that goes a bit too much from purely statistical to actual in game situations; and trying to predict those is a fool's errand.

Besides, when we start to talk about CoF and hit probabilities, we can't just exclude the recoil out of the equation, and how well the user compensates for it. We can't ignore the recoil, and we can't ignore the recoil compensation, hence we can't ignore the human factor, and we can't simulate combat situations or hit probabilities in those situations.

But I guess I could do a very basic model that would ignore the recoil and just report back the CoF of the gun, and its size relative to the size of the target.
  19. stalkish

And just simply shooting random stuff, trees, buildings, clouds. Ill often try and 'pop-shot' something right on render just for the hell of it. I get bored driving from warpgate / base to battle :) .
    Thers also weapon testing, im sure you remember back when we had no VR we just had to shoot a spot on the wall to test out the recoil, bloom, etc.
  20. Iridar51

Aye, that it was. When the orks were greener, sky is bluer and we didn't have beards :D