[Suggestion] Dogfighting Reaver Pilots Boring?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Valkar, Apr 1, 2013.

1. DashRendar

Since the decon nerf this game is now "Logoutside" at least as far as air combat goes. Losing a dogfight? No worries, just esc + logout = instant kill denied and 1 less death to ruin your pristine record.
  2. GraphicJ

lol wut?

Reavers have better Vertical thrust, armor is the same(Been said like 10000 of times) and Reaver has deadliest canon over all three.
    Maneuverability goes to the Scythe and Speed goes to the Mossy. What more do you want?
  3. AceMF

Assist XP merely softens the blow. In the end it is after all assist xp and worth less than a kill. It also denies you a kill for your stats. People say K/D is not important and that they don't care about K/D but if that were really true then why do they go out of their way just to deny the kill if it's such a useless metric? Also if they bail or crash and die it merely shows on the players page "suicide". with the way the servers are shrinking and the game getting smaller people will go out of their way to deny having it recorded on their killfeed on the players page that they were killed by so-and-so.
  4. nukularZ

Hover is what I go with. I simply can't match the braking and turning ability of the other ESFs, so I have to go about doing it in another way (hover).

It does backfire sometimes though. I've crashed into the ground or tree a few times attempting low altitude hover maneuvers. I'm still a bad pilot in this regard - I'm running into things way too much still. My players page is probably littered with suicides that were not from me jumping out my Reaver, because I don't do that, but just stupidly crashing it somehow. :oops:

Mossies look the worst to me though. They're doing some kind of awkward hover, twirl, flip, barrel roll maneuver all at once. Scythes seem to rely on banking and I can deal with that, but I don't know wtf mossies are doing half the time. I think it's because with a Scythe I can tell what's doing from tracking it's wingspan. I don't really have any good "reference" when watching a mossy.
  5. NC_agent00kevin

[IMG]
  6. Jezs

Make it an anti-infantry gun with explosive rounds like its description says, problem solved
  7. DashRendar

Give me better gun placement and a more precise reticle and I would GLADLY use Vortek on your *** over the ****hammer. I would prefer to use Vortek, but I'd suspect at least 33% of Reaver pilots use the shotgunhammer as a necessity rather than for any other reason you can think of. Even your AH rounds don't always go where you aim them sometimes.