[BUG] Does the Swarm ignore stealth?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CorporationUSA, Sep 4, 2015.

1. CorporationUSA

Having run max stealth in an ESF for a very long time now, it seems like the Swarm locks on faster than other lock-on weapons. It's comparable to not running stealth, as in, I don't seem to be getting the additional 1 second for weapons to achieve a successful lock.
  2. Scr1nRusher

Yes stealth still effects them.
  3. CorporationUSA

You have tested this? I don't see stealth having any affect.
  4. Scr1nRusher

yes its been tested.

The lock on system is exactly the same as the other lock on RL's(such as the NS annihilator)
  5. CorporationUSA

I'm not asking if it has been tested on the test server, or if the lock on system is supposed to be different. I'm asking if you have tested it in the game since the patch went live.

In-game, the weapon seems to lock on as if max level stealth isn't a factor. That's why I put the bug tag on this thread. It could be any number of factors, but it's not behaving like it's supposed to. Could even be a bug with the new warning system.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Have you considered it might be the different missile settings on it?

Like the Faster missiles can be dodged & the Slower missiles can be outran.
    • Up x 1
  7. CorporationUSA

I considered that, but the lock-on time isn't mentioned in the weapon description. When I trialed the weapon, I didn't notice any difference in lock-on times between the different modes.

I will pay more attention in the game to see whether it's the new weapons or the new warning system. But I haven't noticed any difference with A2A missiles, and every lock-on from the ground seems to from the Swarm at this point.
  8. Cyrek

Don't locks become faster the closer you are to the target?